Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S'Friday

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhhhh! Friday! :D

Not that it matters much--I'll be working most of the weekend. Two jobs don't leave much free time and we're approaching the end of tax season, so we're all a bit frazzled around the edges.

It should be light enough to go outside in about 20 or 30 minutes to survey the mess from last night's wind storm. Hopefully, it's more mess and less damage. And I hope that my bulk trash pile isn't scattered all over creation!

Post Thanks / Like
    The kids are brining over Zach for dinner tonight and then they are leaving him here for the weekend So I'll be coloring and finger painting and watching Ice Age and Shrek for the millionth time and.........well you get the idea don't ya :D:D:D:D:D

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good to me Dorothy. :D Who doesn't love to color?

Post Thanks / Like
    just finnished work for the weekend thank god its friday

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Chris, I know you are excited Mate! New scope, big apeture?

Sorry about folks working the weekend.

I was hoping to play golf tonight at eh mixer at Bide a Wee golf course, but that ain't happening. Rainy here too but at least is is warm(er).

I think I want to go and fight the throngs to see Monsters and Aliens with DW and DD (if she doesn't blow us off to be with her girlfriends or boyfriend).

Sitting here listening to Disney stuff on the planetarium's sound system awaiting the return of the broken main computer. Supposed to get here soon. I will have to do a McGyver on it and get it up and running.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 119350
    Sitting here listening to Disney stuff on the planetarium's sound system awaiting the return of the broken main computer. Supposed to get here soon. I will have to do a McGyver on it and get it up and running.

Cool I'll send a rubber band 2 toothpicks and a paperclip - can you do lase shows at your planetarium Dan?

The scope ( if it has been sent) - is a 9.25inch Shmidt Cassegran OTA to stick on my Equatorial guided mount to do some decent lunar planetary and small nebula work

just hope it comes :pacingsmiley:

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had a stressful week so I'm relieved that Friday is here. I'm going to spend tomorrow with my feet up and many episodes of Charmed. :D
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet! I purchased a SC scope for the district recently. Has the goto functions but no equitorial mount. Really quality optics though. We also got a few hundred Galileoscopes for the district to celebrate the International Year of Astronomy. They are pretty cheap, but have really good optics, better than old Galileo used now 400 years ago. We will use them this year in the district to get as many eyes on the skies as possible.

Here is the one I got for the district: Clesestron

http://www.celestron.com/c3/product....=13&ProdID=415

Here are the galileoscopes
    https://www.galileoscope.org/gs/

Post Thanks / Like
    I am job-hunting this week. I feel bad for the trees... about 3 of them are now in my pile of CVs!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    The C6 is great mine will be the 9.25 version but just the tube as I said

Do those gallileo scopes have anyway of mounting them on a photographic tripod?

I really hope this IYA gets more people interested, probably 50% of the people I have spoken to and got to look through my scope or shown the phots to have started to get interested and many have purchased scopes. I genuinely think if more people knew how much you could see of our neighbouring planets even with a tiny scope they would get hooked.

I sound like some crazed preacher

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast