Thread: College Hill Set To Celebrate likes its 1993

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted awile back to announce that Garorade is sponsoring the greatest & longest playing high school football rivalry in history . Out of all the states, we were ranked #1 . In 1993 , the game ended in a 7-7 tie . Now since your not from our area you can not imagine the thrill that these players have, running onto a college football field to 13,000 screaming fans . Some dream of it in biddy football and now these players have a second chance . A once in a lifetime opportunity .
    Eli Manning is honorary coach for P'burg and Peyton for Easton . Then ... the clich , the heartbreaker . We could not play at Fisher Field . what was so exciting was turning into a huge let down . If we played at P'burg or Easton's field, 8,000 fans would be left out from seeing this event .
    The reason Coke is the official drink of Lafayette College and Gatorade is a Pepsi product . It put a real damper on things . I, myself said, forget it then I'm not going either, it just won;t be like a replay game without playing at Fisher Field .
    Now I feel bad for Coke . Apparantly Coke was getting a lot of angry customers/ fans calling and saying they would never drink Coke products again and blah, blah, blah . Coke reps had no idea what customers were talking about , thats when they contacted Gatorade . There was a write up in the paper from Coke president, that even though they are contracted with Lafayette , they will not or would not , stop the game .
    For the first time ever Coke is getting involved too . Pepsi & Coke together are going to have huge block parties for four hours before the game . There will be autograph sessions with Eli & Peyton . Its going to be a lot of fun . I'm hyped . Let's Go Pburg ! Anyone want to come ? Its April 26th

Post Thanks / Like
    i won't pretend i know what you're talking about Tinker, but you're obviously excited!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rumour has it Bon Jovi may do 1/2 time entertainment, but until I read it in black & white , I'm not believing it .

Post Thanks / Like
    oooooh really?!