Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anybody suggest a good hotel at Gatwick with Parking

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anybody suggest a good hotel at Gatwick (for the night before our flight) which has parking for the car while we are away? Our flight is about 9am so that means 7am check-in. We could drive down on the morning but I think it will be too stressful and getting up at some awful hour in the morning

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    i have booked 1 night in a family room with meet and greet parking at the ramada plaza for 15 nights in July for 122 through holiday extras. We have stayed there quite a few times and it's comfortable- i would argue about its 4star status but it's fine for before a flight.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Gatwick Hilton is more money but you are right there at South terminal. we go up the day before and do 'twilight checkin' - take an overnight bag as carry on - then all you have to do in the morning is get up and go through security

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestions Britchick and Skywatcher.

Post Thanks / Like
    We use the Hilton too. Costs more but you can't beat it for sheer convenience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for the Hilton.

Booked for our trip in August

Post Thanks / Like
    we have used the cambridge, the turret b&b and the russ hill, for me its just an overnight stay so dont have to be luxurious or be on the airport itself as there are plenty not too far away and just a short hop using the hotels transport
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    The only problem with hotels that are a little while away is the early check in times and often the transport they lay on is only once an hour before say 6 am - just something to think about

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 120235
    The only problem with hotels that are a little while away is the early check in times and often the transport they lay on is only once an hour before say 6 am - just something to think about
    agreed, we have meet and greet on the way back which tbh i won't be doing a long haul flight without ever again lol and we will get a cab there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the tips. Regarding the meet and greet ... am I right in thinking that the Hilton is right at the South Terminal and that you park close by? If that is the case then we can park the car the night before and then just walk across to the terminal or is that not really reality?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast