Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brothers

Post Thanks / Like
    My brother went on his holidays on Saturday to Katmandu, he is climbing to 2nd base camp on Everest.
    Well I asked him to text me to say he has arrived safely and guess what still no contact. I'm hoping it is just as a result of poor phone signals there and that nothing has happened.
    He is away for 3 weeks so it's a long time to wait hoping he arrives home safely. I have just resulted to emailing the company he has gone with to see if they can just let me know he arrived and all is well.

I can't help but worry, It isn't helped by the fact I had a dream going back before he was even going to Everest. The dream was about him climbing somewhere he gets stuck and can't get help, I didn't really think much about it at the time. I couldn't believe it when a few weeks later he told me what he was doing. I have never told him about the dream.

I know deep down he is o.k but I will still spend the next 3 weeks worried if I don't hear from him.

Plus this wouldn't be the first dream I have had that involved a family member being in trouble. Going back to 2005 I had a dream about my parents being hurt in a hotel bombing, well their went to Jordan in 2005. 9/11/2005 (my Dad's 50th birthday) was the date when 3 bombers attacked the hotels in Jordan and guess what my parents were in the Radisson sas in Jordan which was one of the attacked hotels. Thank god they were both O.K but that spooked me a little.
    Sorry to rant on a bit but I need to talk to someone.

I'll update if I hear from him.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh gosh lozzy, how worrying for you.

i'm sure all is well though - it's probably either due to the phone signal or the fact that brothers just don't remember when they're asked to do something important!

I won't say don't worry 'cos i know you will, so i'll send lots of hugs your way instead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 119864
    oh gosh lozzy, how worrying for you.

i'm sure all is well though - it's probably either due to the phone signal or the fact that brothers just don't remember when they're asked to do something important!

I won't say don't worry 'cos i know you will, so i'll send lots of hugs your way instead
    Thank you, yeah Brother has a tendancy not to phone when asked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Lozzy, how awful. Like Mumof2 said, I won't tell you not to worry, you will and so would I. I know you won't rest till you hear from him, but I hope that's soon so you can breathe a sigh of relief

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 119865
    Thank you, yeah Brother has a tendancy not to phone when asked.

they're all the same I'm sure!

i swear there's some part missing, you know ~ the bit that says "oh i remember she asked me to call/do this that or the other and she'll worry/ be upset if i don't"

let us know when you hear, and in the meantime we're here to worry with you

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never had brothers but I've made up for it with brothers-in-law and they can be just as bad!

Hope you make contact soon Lozzy - I'm sure everything is fine!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly hope that it is nothing worse than a bad phone signal. Hope you hear from him soon Lozzy.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Take it from an actual brother- we never EVER remember to phone, or we won't charge our mobiles enough before going Then when we *do* get credit/signal/charged battery, we feel too embarrased to phone because we know we'll be upto our eyeballs in trouble

It must be very worrying but, and I know this will be hard, try not to think about the worst He will be fine.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just reading an article that indicated that they are having problems getting permissions to do climbs right at the moment and that they hope to have it sorted out by 1 April. So perhaps he hasn't actually started yet.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just spoken to his best mate, He seems to think he wouldn't get a phone signal and knowing my brother he wouldn't know the dialing code for the U.K

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast