Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brothers

Post Thanks / Like
    It has gone quickly, but in some ways you must be a little relieved to know that he's on his way home, safely. After some of the things that happened, and with the unrest in the world, it will be good for you to have him back where he belongs!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    He arrived home at 7AM this morning, very tired. all fingers and toes in place but a little frost bitten. He had an amazing time, he was unwell for 2 days but still managed o.k he has lost 5kgs in weight.
    Oh and he never did get any money he had to lend of people on the trip, good job he had some good people with him, just needs to get them paid back now.
    Sounds like he is planning his next trip, god my nerves can't take it, not sure if that means the round the world trip is on hold or he will do more when he comes home from that.
    He is coming over tomorrow with all the photos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay, home safe and sound. He's going to have some amazing photos .....and stories to match.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well when he comes over give him the biggest hug! Then a good firm shake for scaring the life out of all of us, ok? Sheesh! Brothers!

Seriously, it is a nice relief to know he's home and all is well. It is really wonderful that there were decent people there to help him with the money bit. He'll get it back to them and perhaps will be able to help someone else as he was helped (one day) eh?

Around the world trip? Surely not in a balloon!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 125072
    Well when he comes over give him the biggest hug! Then a good firm shake for scaring the life out of all of us, ok? Sheesh! Brothers!

Seriously, it is a nice relief to know he's home and all is well. It is really wonderful that there were decent people there to help him with the money bit. He'll get it back to them and perhaps will be able to help someone else as he was helped (one day) eh?

Around the world trip? Surely not in a balloon!
    No hot air ballons just lots of planes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw my brother on Sunday, he had an amazing time lots of great stories to tell, some sad ones about how the companies treat the local guildes. Everyone on the trip has been asked by the trek guide if they would write a letter highlighting how fab the local guides are and how bad they thought the treatment they recieved was.

If anyone would like to see a few of his shots from the trip visit the well known social network site and look up shane windsor. for those who aren't on the site don't worry my brother is getting a web site together over the next few weeks and I'll post the site address when it's up and running.

Thank you everyone for your advice, might need you all again if he goes around the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update Lozzy. Will wait for him to post to his own website! Looking forward to seeing the photos.

I hope they are successful in getting some changes made with regard to the treatment of the local guides and sherpas. :( I worked with a woman in the very late 90's who used to go there for the mountain climbing experience, yearly. She always had terrible stories to tell of the treatment of the guides and sherpas. :( So, it's seems things haven't changed much in ten or so years. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    oh he's home! phew! can't wait to see the photos.

it's so awful though that the local guides are treated in this manner, let's face it - where would these companies be without them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 125925
    Thanks for the update Lozzy. Will wait for him to post to his own website! Looking forward to seeing the photos.

I hope they are successful in getting some changes made with regard to the treatment of the local guides and sherpas. :( I worked with a woman in the very late 90's who used to go there for the mountain climbing experience, yearly. She always had terrible stories to tell of the treatment of the guides and sherpas. :( So, it's seems things haven't changed much in ten or so years. :(
    No changes by the sounds of it, he was telling me he was told that many sherpas died when the Olympic was being carried there, I find it really hard to understand why people can't treat others with the respect they deserve.

I will let you know when his site is up and running.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is just so unbelievably sad. :(

Looking forward to visiting his site!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123