Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Logitech Optical Mouse--Help, Please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooops! Our posts crossed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing there, Slowhand. It appears there is a door that should open, but the button isn't releasing it. Could just be me trying to preserve my nails, although I've poked at it with a pen, letter opener and very small screwdriver.

I give up! I'll see if the pros have any ideas. My corded mouse will do for the moment and we'll order a new one, if necessary. Tax season just isn't conducive to mouse anxiety!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 120173
    Sorry! It's wireless.

There appears to be a "door" on the bottom, but can't figure out how to open it.

It still receives a signal from the stick in the USB port, but it doesn't work on the screen.

Usually I can figure these things out, but this one has beaten me. And it's the last two weeks of tax season!
    OoOoOoOh! those battery things are an absolute G20 SUMMIT to open!!! They look like this;
    http://www.dansdata.com/images/ltmsc...tmunder440.jpg

See the little bit with the curve in? You should squeeze the piece of plastic that is next to there and it will open.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Josh! It's in the hands of the IT pros in the building. The optical mouse isn't an emergency at the moment, so they'll check it out in the next week or so when someone has a spare moment. :)

My old Dell corded mouse is working very well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible that it contains rechargeable batterie? If you can get it open you could just replace with rechargeable ones and therefore don't need a charger for the mouse itself but just recharge the batteries outside of the mouse?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, jg!

I've poked and prodded what appears to be a cover for a battery compartment with various small implements to no avail. And I'm being very girly and protecting my fingernails.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12