Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have just *nearly* had a heart attack!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just been eating a bar of Dairy Milk and I was reading the back..... one CHUNK contains 24% of your RDA fats!!!!!
    I can't believe it!!!!! How bad is that!!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well at least it's not RAT fat, or is it

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently it's vegetable fat... but that is probably a clever name to cover up what is really in it
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Always read the labels. Especially for the fats. If they are hydrogenated you should not eat the product regardless of how "good" it tastes. You are not too young at all to be concerned about the effects of food on your body. Cholesterol is not just a funny word.

Take some time at the grocery and read the labels of the foods you usually buy. Read the information regarding dietary requirements (here it is the USDA food guide pyramid) and then compare to those labels. You'll be amazed at how many of those items you are no longer going to buy.

Fresh fruit, fresh vegetables (organic) whole grains, and dark chocolate. :D That's what you should eat. :D :D (A glass of red wine won't hurt either).

I've just been to the Doc, can you tell? :D :D Food is the medicine of life. If you can believe that then you are light years ahead of where I was at your age.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I ignore chocklit labels. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Do dark choklit covered marshmellow easter eggs count then

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I did feel guilty and put my can of coke back in the fridge (diet, though) and drank some water instead Not going to eat dairymilk chocolate again... very often. I think I am steering clear of most sugary things now I have read that... when they say "1.6g of Fat" I can imagine a little lump of fat.... eughhhh
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    thats the downside of being informed....

suddenly you cant eat anything tasty... hahaha...

BTW... if you ever feel like trying something odd... try Gerber Puffs.... seriously! almost no calories, made with real fruit and they taste good too.. I think I eat far more than Tatiana... hahahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh, Josh - that's only 24% because you're a male.......if your a female it counts as 0.24%.

It seems a little unfair I know - but, well, that's just the way it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 120528
    Josh, Josh - that's only 24% because you're a male.......if your a female it counts as 0.24%.

It seems a little unfair I know - but, well, that's just the way it is.
    Josh she speaks the truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast