Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Application for Head Girl help!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is so cool! We never used to apply in High School and I think a lot of people who wanted to do it missed out
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    None the wiser as to what a Head Girl is, but...

Good luck to Robyn! I know you'll develop an outstanding presentation! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope she gets it Teresa. No advice but she sounds like such a sensible girl(where does she get that from).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    robyn will make a fantastic head girl !!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I had more advice for you, but I'm looking I even know what you're talking about!! Good luck, Robyn hun...we're rooting for you xoxo

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like she's getting it all under control. Fingers crossed for her Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest i don't know how to describe the role of head girl.

The school have decided on a select group of students to take on the role of student leader.
    These students represent the school on open evenings and have duties to perform throughout the school such as in the canteen and corridors to make sure other students are behaving at lunch and break times(passing the buck from the staff who are paid to do it if you ask me but it teaches them responsibility) all looks good on a CV though.

From this group of students they have invited applications for head girl and head boy.This year is slightly different in that i think they are choosing 4 boys and 4 girls as they are introducing a 'house' system a la Harry Potter.
    The role of Head Girl or Boy of house will be to represent the school,give encouragement to other pupils,be a role model,set and example,assisit the staff etc etc.

It is more of an honour and status than a particular job as the students will only be 15/16 and will also be studying for exams but it will be a great achievement and as i said will look fab on a CV.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 122259
    To be honest i don't know how to describe the role of head girl.

The school have decided on a select group of students to take on the role of student leader.
    These students represent the school on open evenings and have duties to perform throughout the school such as in the canteen and corridors to make sure other students are behaving at lunch and break times(passing the buck from the staff who are paid to do it if you ask me but it teaches them responsibility) all looks good on a CV though.

From this group of students they have invited applications for head girl and head boy.This year is slightly different in that i think they are choosing 4 boys and 4 girls as they are introducing a 'house' system a la Harry Potter.
    The role of Head Girl or Boy of house will be to represent the school,give encouragement to other pupils,be a role model,set and example,assisit the staff etc etc.

It is more of an honour and status than a particular job as the students will only be 15/16 and will also be studying for exams but it will be a great achievement and as i said will look fab on a CV.
    to be honest sounds like a lot of extra work and with it being her gcse year does she really want to take time away from studying ? if she does then good luck as head girl

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by winkwink, post: 122633
    to be honest sounds like a lot of extra work and with it being her gcse year does she really want to take time away from studying ? if she does then good luck as head girl
    I'm sure Robyn and Teresa have thought of this and will have taken it into account Robyn is very sensible Being head boy/girl doesn't take up as much time as you'd think- its basically all after-school stuff.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the deadline was today and Robyn has taken in her application.
    Her video is so good it moved me to tears.Her and Jack have been working on it for a week.

She has written a letter to teh head teacher applying for the job,she has made a portfolio of certificates,postcards home of achievements,letters fro the school etc etc and has made a video about herself.
    The brief was to do a presentation about 'you and your interests' so she has made a movie with photographs of her doing all the things she loves and the things that are important to her.
    Each section has a title which explains what the photos are about i.e.friends,family holidays,pets and it is all set to Heather Small's What have you done today to make yourself proud.
    The music then fades out and a video plays of Robyn thanking the panel for watching her presentation and considering her application.

She has worked so hard on this i really hope she gets something out of it.We should know by Friday

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast