Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you like to do on your first day???

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to tour the hotel and then visit Magic Kingdom...

Nothing compares to looking at the castle for the first time

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't arrive until the evening so we just stock up at Publix, sometimes have a swim and unpack.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to do Downtown Disney that first day, as I usually don't arrive till later in the day. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    From the Uk the arrival day is a wipeout - we usually arrive at the hotel about 6pm and we have so far that day been on a plane for 10 hours waiting in an airport for 3 and up at the crack of Dawn before then - so usually the only thing we can do is sleep.

The first day proper is always MK for us - its the rule!! have to say hello to the mouse :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Like most Brits, it`s late afternoon before we arrive at our villa.
    It`s then a case of unpacking and a quick visit to a local Publix to stock up on some essential items.
    We have also made a ritual of having dinner at Key W Kools on US192 on the first night as it is near to the villa and the food there is very good.
    By 10.00pm we are ready to crash out, safely in the knowledge that we will be guaranteed to wake up at some unearthly hour the following morning!

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually arrive very late afternoon to early evening, depending on flight schedules, so we don't do a lot unless one of the parks has a very late EMH.

And we rarely get much sleep the night before, unless Leu flies into Phoenix and we stay at an airport hotel that night. If we're home, we're usually up all night trying to be sure everything is done before we leave! She likes to be sure Grandpa Sweetie's laundry is done, food is in the refrigerator and freezer with a preparation list for him and various other things. I'm usually trying to finish packing, tying up loose ends for work and being sure everything is turned on or off, properly set and locked, etc.

Even the first day usually is spent recovering from the preparation! We don't get moving until about 10:00 a.m. (7:00 a.m. our time)--and have been known to sleep in until noon on occasion!

Post Thanks / Like
    First day for us is pretty much the same each time. We usually vacation with my brother and his family. We fly from Virginia so we get there pretty early in the day, usually too early to check in, so we pack our bathing suits in our over night bags, take them out, check the bags in to be delivered and wait by the pool for the rest of our party. Then we either go downtown or go to AK as there isn't as much must do's there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't really say what we "usually" do since I haven't been in 10 yrs and never with my kids, but I can say what I plan to do.

Arrival Day: Kiss the ground when we finally get out of the car after the 10/12 hour car ride with a 4 and almost 3 yo. Check in, get kids settled, then make a supply run to the nearest real store. Hopefully have kids in bed by 7/8pm. Dh and I probably won't be far behind.

1st True Day: Go as early as possible to either MK or AK and just let the kids explore. Maybe come back for nap. Very few things will be specifically planned.
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like
    the very first day we get there we always go food shopping. the first park we always go to is sea world, nice and easy day to just have an amble round :)
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    It generally depends on what time we arrive. If we have the grandkids then it is normally mid to late morning and we normally hit DTD and then do Hoop de Doo.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast