Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need some help

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a Cricut machine which im sooooo excited about, but im not sure where to start. I need to get some paper for it but not sure what sort of paper I need to get or from where, I also need some cartridges for it, does anyone know the cheapest place to get these? I got my uncle coming from America in July so will ask him to bring me a few with him but cant wait that long to get started.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohhhhhh, Briiiiiit!

She's our resident expert on all things scrapping! I can't help you at all, as I only have enough talent to admire scrapbooks and not create them.

But Brit sure will have ideas and advice for you. We have other very talented scrappers here too who will be right along, I'm sure!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly my DW is unable to obtain any "cheap" cartridges over here and that`s not for the lack of trying!
    They are a darn site less expensive in the US....especially as my DW seldom carries any money with her when we visit!
    I`ve sent you a pm [via my DW] regarding the paper issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thankyou to both of you, I need inspiration, lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you can use almost any paper..I recommend not using cardstock or paper thats to heavy, because its harder to cut and the blades wont last as long

as for cartridges... check ebay!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink in Pink, post: 121888
    I just got a Cricut machine which im sooooo excited about, but im not sure where to start. I need to get some paper for it but not sure what sort of paper I need to get or from where, I also need some cartridges for it, does anyone know the cheapest place to get these? I got my uncle coming from America in July so will ask him to bring me a few with him but cant wait that long to get started.
    It depends on what you want to do. I use card stock tp cut out most of my stuff. I occasionally use scrapbook paper. And every now and then I use light cardboard - like from a gift box or a cereal box.

I buy most of my carts (I've got like 40...) online from places like customcrops or cutterscreek. Great prices and all the latest carts! I've also bought some on eBay.

Occasionally you can find a good deal at Walmart, but I've never seen much of a deal on them at Michael's.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thankyou for your help, I live in the UK and cant seem to find many crafting websites other than american ones, in which the shipping costs a small fortune. Does anyone have any ideas on UK websites. Im going to have a look at USA ones and ask my Uncle nicely if he can bring me as much as possible with him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, where do you get started on the scrapbooks? do you get the photos etc that you want to include and work around them?

Post Thanks / Like
    That is my understanding of what many folks do, Tink in Pink. I've seen some beautiful scrapbooks and they do feature photos, but many other things too. Little mementos that apply to whatever the theme of the scrapbook is.

For example, when we were on our holiday in Ireland we met some other vacationers who were saving EVERYTHING! LOL. Napkins, a leaf, a blade of grass, small paper menus, coasters from a given pub, tickets... those sorts of things and explained that they'd be incorporating them into their scrapbook of Ireland.

I have an incredibly beautiful scrapbook that contains loving messages from the members here. It was put together by one of our members and given to us as a gift. There are no photos, but the messages beautifully accented.

Define what it is you want to make the topic of the scrapbook and go from there.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I want to do it on our hol to florida from last Oct/Nov. I got some scrapbooking stuff from there. I think I need to start printing the pics and kind of plan what order to put it in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast