Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Pixie Dust Needed

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear about this, Alex. I hope that you are able to concentrate on choosing a great college and looking forward into a very bright future.

Hang in there, Dad. Tough stuff watching a beloved child ache. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    At least she has you Dan , these are the things that truely matter.

Her self esteem will come back -

I always say that Self esteem is like a house of cards it takes an age to build at 2 seconds to knock the whole lot down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tink and SW.

Just got off the phone with her. She is home after mid terms exams. She is there with a girl friend. They are going to go out for lunch. She sounded better. Then anything would sound better than the way she was last night. All of this of course would happen during exams!

I asked how it went today as he picked her up for school. He kept trying to make small talk, he tried to hug her. She had no part of it!

I think she is getting to the point where she knows that it is HIS problem and his loss. Yes! I am so mad at this kid.

Truth be known I was never really thrilled with him (not a lot of drive, not exactly honest, and his parents treated my DD rather poorly). But he seemed to make her happy at the time so I overlooked it. Now that he makes her feel badly, he can't be gone too soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw hugs... it hurts like all he** don't it to watch them go through it XXXXXXX BUT she will go to college and see some unbelievable hunks there and she will be FREE to drool without guilt ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup...that is what I am thinking. I am sort of hoping she gets a chance to see that this week! Really, hunk or no hunk she is better of without this rubbish treating her poorly. I just know that someone is out there right now that will just fall for this beautiful young lady. Sadly I know that he isn't good enough for her.. already. I just want her to be happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending lots of and to get Alex through this and out the other side stronger Dan.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of for Alex.

Post Thanks / Like
    She is a strong young woman. She will get over this and be the better for it. I have no doubt. She just needs a bit of time to wallow and grieve over what might have been.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well... although its not a nice thing, I think getting your heart broken is just a part of growing up

and it will help her down the road, A LOT.. because she will know beforehand what she likes in a huy and what she doesnt, what she can and wants to live with and what she will never accept

I hope she feels better soon, and I hope this experiences helps her grow and learn

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of and i hope all goes well at the college

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast