Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up diet soda...

Post Thanks / Like
    I know Jones Soda uses cane sugar. I can usually find it at Target.

If you can find a latino section in a grocery store, then you should be able to find soda without HFCS and sugar instead.

Apparently the same holds true if you can find somewhere that sells stuff for Passover.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I should try this water stuff y'all are talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Diet Rite is sweetened with Splenda.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a water drinker as well, but still not as much as I *need* to be drinking...I try, but I just don't like drinking (hush there Siobhan!)...I'm getting better though...

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to be really good with drinking water... now I have to have a flavoured drink with my meals I usually have coke zero.. I know it's not any better for you than any other sorts of cola, but I just can't drink full-sugar coke... eww! Makes my stomach churn
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    funnily enough i've drunk loads of water today......i know i need to make more of an effort but i'm not a big drinker either, i have been drinking more water lately though sometimes i put a little squash (cordial?) in to flavour it.

i only have 2 coffees most days, 3 if I'm being adventurous! i don't drink much soda either, maybe a couple of glasses once a week at most but usually nowhere near that often.

I've been making more of an effort with the water since i went to have my eyebrows shaped a couple of weeks back and she said "ooh you have got dry skin haven't you, that's 'cos your kidneys are not working correctly - they're giving you a warning" - i'm taking that warning and doing something about it!

i know they're ok really as i had some blood test a couple of weeks back and everything was fine, but a warning is a warning and i do know she was telling the truth as the body does gives you warnings that you just ignore sometimes.

Phew, that was longwinded!

What I really wanted to say was good for you Billie, just be aware about the headaches you may get alongside you irratibilty!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow 64oz??? I will have to work on that. I got some pink lemonade crystal light and my ice tea to put out in the sun.

Got the excedrin for the headaches, I am sure they will starting coming.

Wanting soda now as I type. Had water with dinner. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck Billie. I wish I had the will power to do the same.
    As a few have already said....I also gave up regular soda about a year back and now only drink Coke Zero.
    My problem is I really don't like water. I do drink it at work but only about a litre a day.
    I hate hot drinks and don't touch any of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope to have the will power. I think I can. Just have to do it and you know, in the big scheme of things it's not the end of the world (sure will feel like it though).

Overall, I'm just trying to get healthy...healthy weight, healthy body (inside and out).

Post Thanks / Like
    When you get rid of the soda it leave more room in your glass for ALCOHOL...I did that years ago..I stay drunk more often now!

kidding

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast