Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up diet soda...

Post Thanks / Like

Soda will show up again in my life....but only when I'm out, or when the drink calls for a soda as an ingredient.

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll be surprised. Once you've been away for it for awhile, you won't like the way it acts with your body. I am not kidding when I say I used to support Coca Cola! I drank the stuff constantly. Didn't cut down much when I switched to diet...

Then I quit. It's been years. I have a diet coke or diet Dr. Pepper every now and then, and every single time I end up with problems.

I drink iced tea every now and again, but usually only if I've made it. I drink coffee. I've finally learned to drink it black. It has to be HOT, of good quality, and I strongly prefer that it be made with a French press. Not too darn fussy am I? :D

I like hot tea too, but don't drink it often. Irish Breakfast tea is my favorite.

Mostly I drink water. Water. And more water.

I do like egg nog and skim milk though. :D :D Don't drink them at all right now. Maybe next Christmas! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 122198

Soda will show up again in my life....but only when I'm out, or when the drink calls for a soda as an ingredient.
    Iced tea is good...specially the long island kind...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how that happens isn't it, Tink. On our recent trip Jon and I threw caution to the wind and ate whatever we wanted. I realized very quickly that "eating whatever I wanted" did not play well with my new "healthier" lifestyle! I was sick to my stomach after nearly every meal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    So very true, Becca. Same thing happens here.

We had an incredible meal at Melisse in Santa Monica. I will admit that it did unsettle my stomach to a certain extent. I don't regret it though. :D

Now, if I eat wicked "bad" things, that's another story. Unsettled becomes downright spoil the day ill. :(

Also, with the near paranoid avoidance of plain sugar and high carb sugar producing food items, when I do take a bite of cake (for instance) whooooeeeee, I can seriously feel the physiological response. Not a pleasant experience (nearly lightheaded and dizzy) so it's easy to avoid now (after a bad experience or two).

Water is your friend. :D :D It does help move those excesses along a bit faster, at least in my experience.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 122024
    HFCS- high fructose corn syrup. It is in everything. Seriously.
    This has been banned in Germany. I wish they would do it here.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I have same experience with food. So called 'normal' food makes me ill. Not good.

I seriously woke up this morning wanting a soda. Wondering why I was doing this...kept trying to remind myself that it was to make myself healthier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good that you are avoiding it, Billie! Once you are past the initial few days, it will get more easy to disregard the soda "urges!" :D

It's a real adventure trying to determine what to eat, and how it will effect one's health, isn't it? It can take up vast amounts of time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 122339
    This has been banned in Germany. I wish they would do it here.
    Instead, they're spending millions of dollars in commercial ads to "refute" that it is unhealthy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know! How STUPID do they think we really are? Same stupidity as the USDA which put forth the inaccurate info on fats. It was felt that "Americans" couldn't understand the complexities, so they issued a blanket statement/policy and it was of course wrong.

Sometimes we simply have to use good personal judgment and not listen to the so called "experts."

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast