Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Giving up diet soda...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 122381
    Thanks Tink! Trust at 3am I was ready to pop one open. I now have soda sitting in my house that I am trying to avoid. I have a friend visiting soon and I hope that she will take it all off my hands, as I just can't have it in my house.
    Pour it down the sink... or open it and put washing up liquid in it!!! That way you won't drink it

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 122756
    I know my sweet One, but honest Helly, she says it's perfectly fine.

HFCS is one of the leading causes of diabetes (epidemic proportions now, seriously) outbreaks in this country. Read labels here and the stinking stuff is everywhere. I absolutely hate our laws that allow for the type of advertizing that is currently going on. There are commercials that DEFEND and push the use of that stuff! Total irresponsibility. Of course anyone who "learns" from commercials is a bit mistaken, but there is strong statistical evidence that the info that we are bombarded with via the television (and other forms of continuous media) DOES change our concept of things.

Becca, your predicament is so valid. We need to be teaching our children to eat properly, train their taste buds (and brains!) to want the fresh, clean, natural flavors and not the processed nasty stuff. I completely understand the need to avoid waste. I think we all do (is it that lingering effect of the Depression babies??? ) but we need to weight the short term immediate waste (say tossing some sodas ) against the long term cost of health care for the issues the consumption of the unhealthy product may produce.

Jaysus, I must have woken up cock-eyed this morning eh? Sorry folks, didn't mean to natter on forever. (I'm just a tiny bit passionate about the topic).
    I agree- Even when you *know* things aren't right, seeing them all the time really takes away the 'shock' factor and sort of makes it more likely that you will say "Oh, just this one will be fine..."
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 122759
    Ah Tink you can "natter" all you want.

I couldn't agree more about teaching children to eat better. I know that I grew up in a house hold where I major food group was the potato chip. In fact, my parents have a corner on their counter that always hold several bags of chips. That's just the way it is.

Yes, I know that life is short, that we should live some and enjoy life. But with the stuff that we ingest we'll be lucky to live to a ripe old age. And hey, if I'm going to bite the big one, then I would rather that be from living life and not due to the fact that I ate myself to death.
    My Mum and Dad never really allowed me to have sweets or fizzy drinks when I was little... when I got to like 11 and I had a bit more of my own choice, they where a real novelty and I used to splurge on them!! I think it's my compulsive personality... if I like a song I'll listen to it all time until I get sick of it... or if I like a certain food I'll eat lot's of it until I get sick of it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 122779
    When one drinks water. This needing to go to the toilet every 5 minutes - does that pass?
    We have a multi-pack of Diet coke in the house... once it has gone, I am switching back to water and fruit juice. I am dreading needing the toilet all the time!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooo, sparkling water. That's a good idea. :)

Dawn....nope. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 122779
    When one drinks water. This needing to go to the toilet every 5 minutes - does that pass?

Sort of. Your body will adapt--just not as soon as you might like!

I go through that lovely adjustment every year as the weather warms up. When the temperature hovers in the 100-degree range (with overnight lows not much lower), I begin drinking more water. That's in addition to 64 oz. or so I already consume daily!

Post Thanks / Like
    I truly enjoy water. I really want it ice cold too. I find that I don't really want the soda. Now I just take a sip of Alysia's and I am good to go.

I have not found the bathroom thing to go away at all. It's good exercise when I am at work. Our bathroom is a long way away.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I made sun tea today and it turned out fabulously if I do say so myself. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you Ducky! I don't drink much soda anymore! It helps keep the weight off. Water, tea, coffee, coffee, more coffee...I love Starbucks.
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think mine will go: water, crystal light, and tea (repeating as necessary).

Thanks. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    The bathroom thing does ease up as Taja says. Your body adapts a bit, but you will still need to visit the place. :D

Ummmm...if I may be a teeny bit "TMI?" Make sure you don't go overlong in the waiting to use the bathroom. :spring: I know we all get busy and end up waiting quite long sometimes, but trust me when I say your body will pay you back for this abuse. A particularly nasty bladder infection could be its response. So! As if you needed me to tell ya'll to use the toilet and stop dancing in the hall, eh? :spring:

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

..tis true though...*very* true...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast