Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up diet soda...

Post Thanks / Like
    So, I have decided to give up my diet soda. Several years ago I switched from regular coke to diet soda. As soda is my one true vice, however, I think it would be better off to stay away from the diet too. Maybe the occasional real one on a night out.

Soda is pretty much all I drink, except for my mandatory 16.9 oz of water a day.

I have decided to drink some nice sun tea (in moderation) this summer and then continue with Crystal Light and water (I do enjoy Aquafina Rasperry flavored).

There is likely to be whining, yelling, crying, and the occasional psychotic moment while trying to quit. Just letting out a warning.

Post Thanks / Like
    My dr tells me that diet soda is bad for you also. Something about it makes you want to eat more.

I absolutely love water. I do drink regular soda but I find that I really need water too. Have you tried any of the flavor packets for your water? I like the lemonaid by Crystal Light.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, do enjoy the fruit punch, lemon and white grape Crystal Lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you, FD!

I never drank diet soda--the stuff was nasty when I was younger. So I quit the hard stuff (root beer) cold turkey about 25 years ago. I still enjoy a fountain root beer as an occasional treat and keep a bottle of Sprite on hand for emergencies, but rarely drink soda otherwise.

Don't worry about the whining, crying, etc. We'll be here for you! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I just know that I am going to be extremely cranky and at times just plain old angry. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 121981
    I just know that I am going to be extremely cranky and at times just plain old angry. :)
    Probably.

But we'll love you anyway! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to increase your plain water intake. 64 oz. minimum daily. The artificially sweetened packets and additives work on the same premise as diet soda, minus the carbonation (which has it's own effects on the body ).

Try to avoid it as much as possible. Hint and MetroMint are two brands of bottled water with flavorings and NO artificial anything. See if you can find those.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 121994
    You need to increase your plain water intake. 64 oz. minimum daily.
    Seriously??? 64oz that's about 2 litres? wow I thought I was doing well with about half that
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. Doc says 64 oz. A gallon here.

I drink about 6 litres a day. :D :D (Yep, Helly m'doc says it's ok). :)

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast