Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scary stuff!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone I have just offered to make Coffee for them but they said no, I don't think they are actually allowed to accept it The amount of police that are in the road- even starbucks doesn't have enough coffee for them!!!

It has been classed as Arson :( Jade did hear screaming and shouting but assumed it was because there where people in the house... now they are thinking that perhaps it was the argument before the fire was started. It is so sad- The lady who lives there is in hospital now and there are forensics team swarming the street. It's been blocked off except for residents. Jade has had to take Niamh to the doctors today for her 6 week check-up, luckily it was a windy night and all the smoke has gone.

The firemen are coming to check our smoke alarms and said they'll install a free one in Jade's room for us too. It's scary at the minute knowing it was arson :(
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 122288
    Not sure how you feel about it but you could ask the police on duty if they'd like a drink (coffee if you have it or something else?) or a sandwich? They might really appreciate it!
    that's a good idea Tink, they do have to stand around for hours on end sometimes with no refreshments - it did cross my mind but for some reason I didn't write it....

Josh, i would just like to say again how amazing you were for keeping your wits about you and doing everything you possibly could to protect your family and your torts. I'm sure your Mum and Dad will be extremely proud of you......

edited to add: sorry, you posted before me! Arson? On an old lady's house - oh my goodness. Hopefully Jade will mention the smoke and the docs will give Niamh a check over to make sure she's ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is just dreadful. :( And terrifying. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 122306
    that's a good idea Tink, they do have to stand around for hours on end sometimes with no refreshments - it did cross my mind but for some reason I didn't write it....

Josh, i would just like to say again how amazing you were for keeping your wits about you and doing everything you possibly could to protect your family and your torts. I'm sure your Mum and Dad will be extremely proud of you......

edited to add: sorry, you posted before me! Arson? On an old lady's house - oh my goodness. Hopefully Jade will mention the smoke and the docs will give Niamh a check over to make sure she's ok.
    She has given it a mention and the doctors listened to her chest and probably some other stuff, and said she is A-OK! It is so scary thinking the poor lady was a victim of arson :(

We heard her daughter screaming "My mum is in the bedroom!!!"- her daughter is about 20+ and has a son, thank-god he wasn't in the house!! He often stays there at weekends and sometimes in the holidays too.

I am just so glad that she is alive and will hopefully get better soon.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez. How truly awful for that family. :(

So good to know little Niamh is perfectly fine!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG, how awful for that family, as well as yours. Do you live in a row house Josh? Glad to hear that all are safe though and quick thinking on your part.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 122328
    OMG, how awful for that family, as well as yours. Do you live in a row house Josh? Glad to hear that all are safe though and quick thinking on your part.
    They are all semi-detached. The house was 3 doors down from me :(
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh, i think as Dawn said you handled that like a very mature young Man. Arson is terrible, i think unfortunately it is increasing. Glad you're all ok

Post Thanks / Like
    Thankfully you are all safe Josh! I hope your neighbor pulls through. From reading the article you posted it sounds like they were able to get the lady out so quickly because the neighbors had already called the authorities due to the yelling.

Hopefully the rest of your week will be calmer!
    xxoo Rosie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast