Thread: Uk clothing charity?

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know if there's a charity that takes childrens clothing and actually sends them to needy children?

We get the charity bags through but they're usually from an organisation that gives a percentage to the charity. I would rather the clothing were sent direct.

Post Thanks / Like
    You must have read our minds!!! Jade is looking for the same so she can send some of Niamh's baby grows that she is too big for now- They are barely used!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you considered the National Childbirth Trust (NCT), they are a charity for new parents.

Rather than donating clothes (which you can still do I believe) they hold sales where you can sell unwanted clothes toys etc so that other parents can buy them very cheaply and the charity takes a percentage (usually 30%) of the total sales.

We have sold at their sales a number of times, the charity makes money and you get a little something back yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow. That sounds like a very nice solution.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually give my stuff to the British Heart Foundation, Cancer Charities or to our local Help The Aged shop. We have 7/8/9 year old sizes and i just wondered there may be a charity that delivers clothing direct to children abroad who need it.

The NCT would be good for Niamhs outfits Josh.

Post Thanks / Like
    i tend to give to Age Concern, i ring them and they come and pick it up from the front of the house.