Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: March Madness - The FOOD - The Brown Derby

Post Thanks / Like
    Jon, obviously in a carbohydrate induced moment of insanity, decided to *skip* Hollywood Studios and go to a Met's game instead (his favorite baseball team). They were playing a game some place nearby, on some field...no I did not get the details, I did not really care...I was going to ride Tower of Terror. I did find out later that Daddy Bush put in an appearance at the game (I believe the text message I received said something to the effect of "Men in black suits with dark shades and earpieces don't stick out at a baseball game at all!! Especially in the bathroom.) Really? A pre season, scrubs dominant Met's game? Apparently Daddy Bush didn't know Hollywood Studios was open either

No mind though. Johnie and I enjoy a bit of "girl time" wandering around "The Studios" and eventually find ourselves at The Brown Derby for lunch...walk-up service even! I haven't been able to do that in years!

We started out with drinks (Hey! Don't judge us, it was at least 11:00 am!). I had a *gorgeous* martini, and Johnie had a beautiful drink, though at the moment the name escapes me

It looked like this! (Um. Sorry. No photos of the 'tini...it went down so very smoothly...)

We both ordered Cobb Salad, enjoyed another round of bread and decided we each *really* needed someone at our own home who's sole job is to make sure our salads are adequately tossed.

Excellent!

For dessert, we shared a generous slice of "Grapefruit Cake" YUM! (Which we were given *only* after being asked, "Do you like grapefruit?" Um. Well. Yes. That's sort of why we asked for the cake...

Very light and citrus-y

We then indulged in one of our FAVORITE after dinner treats...one which we have found that we both enjoy but are *rarely* afforded the opportunity...lingering.

We lingered..10, 20, maybe even 30 minutes after our cake...chatting, laughing, reminiscing...it was *beautiful*

We eventually made our way back out into the sun and The Studios...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yummy drink! :D

Cake looks lovely! Definitely nice to be able to sit, eat, and then talk for a while at the table, doesn't happen very often.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know, right? Typically, I've barely finished my last bite before I'm asked, "Are you ready to go?" (Here's a tip, if I can't *answer* that question because my mouth is full of food; the answer, by default, is a resounding NO."

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be true. It's hard to believe that they actually have the nerve to ask so quickly. It's like, really? You're seriously asking me that question??

And you know with all our busy lives it's nice to sit and girl talk for a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, yes it is

We had a lovely day.

I think Jon missed us cause he hurried back to join us at the studios

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a very nice day and the food looks scrumptious. We've never been to the Brown Derby so maybe it's time we tried it.

Post Thanks / Like
    that sounds like a wonderful (and quite rare) bit of girly time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mmmmmm, grapefruit cake...

Post Thanks / Like
    It was delicious, Dawn...just like you said.

It's the perfect dessert for the heat too, it seems...it's not mega heavy and the citrus tones just make you feel happy :D

Speaking of which, I just learned my daughter LOVES grapefruit!!! When did that happen? She just sat and ate an ENTIRE grapefruit!! I asked her if she wanted a bit of sugar on it and she said, "No thanks, I'm just gonna sprinkle a touch of salt on it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Salt brings out the sweetness in fruit.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast