Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Friday thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Have loads of homework today and this weekend as finals are right around the corner. Am studying for Statistics, as my final is on Tuesday. Anyone care to discuss MANOVAs, Multiple Regression, and Factor Anaylsis?? :D What? No takers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 123070
    Have loads of homework today and this weekend as finals are right around the corner. Am studying for Statistics, as my final is on Tuesday. Anyone care to discuss MANOVAs, Multiple Regression, and Factor Anaylsis?? :D What? No takers?
    mmmm let me think about that one

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 123074
    mmmm let me think about that one
    Hey! Come back here.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    We went to a Thai fishing village today - fish for Good Friday hey!

I really liked it - but Gareth wasn't that impressed!

We fed the wild monkeys and they came verrry close to the boat which freaked us both out!

Floating markets tomorrow - early start so early night tonight!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    Been at work this morning dealing with all those people that have forgotten it's a bank holiday and why isn't their surgery open so they can collect their prescription.

Me: it's good friday
    Idiot: yes?
    Me: it's a bank holiday
    Idiot: Isn't my doctor working today then?
    Me: are you working today?
    Idiot: no, but...
    Me: we can sort you an emergency px but it will be a couple of hours
    Idiot: why
    Me: because we're busy dealing with actual sick people
    Idiot: but you can do it today yeah
    Me: yes we can but you still need to find a pharmacy that's open
    Idiot: are they shut then?
    Me: it's good friday...

About 20 times today I've had that conversation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well what's the matter with you? Why can't you simply arrange to have the prescription delivered to their door? C'mon Dawn! Get with the program!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The kids and I are both out for the day...the house was cleaned last weekend, so we're looking forward to a bit of family time with one another...coloring eggs, perhaps a trip to the movies...that sort of thing. Saturday we're having a blockwide egg hunt and then Sunday will be spent with Jon's family. I believe lamb and roast beast are on the menu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just had our school Easter Egg Hunt, I was in charge of the older group (9-11 year olds) - never again. Lots of stuffing eggs in pockets when they should have been bought back to the helper, and stealing them from behind me as I was 'laying' them, some of the parents were the worse offenders What chance do the kids have

Off to get Fish and Chips now and calm down

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 123055
    A pasta concoction!

I start by frying cubes of chicken in a pan, add chunks of lean bacon, then sliced leeks. Add a leek sauce and simmer for a few more minutes.
    Meanwhile, parcook pasta.
    Toss the pasta into the sauce too and put all ingredients into an ovenproof dish. Cover with grated cheese and pop in the oven for half an hour.

Having this with mixed salad and garlic bread.

I am busy making mandarin trifles for dessert.
    Diane, if it weren't for today being Good Friday, this sounds delicioius. What temperature in the oven and what kind of pasta?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 123049
    I'm looking forward to going home today. I hope to be on the road by noon, but in the memory of my childhood I can hear, Mama. We were not allowed to do anything other than sit on the couch, or sit in church from noon until 3:00 pm on Good Friday. She felt those hours memorialized the hours that her L-rd hung on the cross. :( It was a "Catholic" thing back then, at least in our area. We weren't the only ones to do that.

So, as I drive during those hours, I'll think of Mama and fear the day when I no longer have her in my world. Whew. Maudlin thought, eh?

Seth and his Da and the GF arrive this evening. I hope to beat them to our house! LOL. Herself is getting ready for Easter. One of the drawbacks of travel for work, all the house/family work falls on her shoulders. :(

OK. What is UP with all this gray faced stuff? Sheesh.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day and that their weekend is lovely. It's Passover time too, Seder was Wednesday evening. So, to anyone who may be celebrating that holiday, L'chaim! :D
    Treasure it Tink for sure.

It was 2 years ago today that a sort of miracle happened. I think some of you remember that time for me was pretty sad from another board. I was at home with two critically ill parents. They were both in hospice, last rights perfromed on both of them. Mom seemed to be doing better but Dad never came back and we lost him on the first day of spring 2007. Easter was earlier that year. Anyhow I wasn't sure that Mom would really get any better until Good Friday's dinner. Dad was still alive but in the hospital. My niece prepared a wonderful stuffed baked flounder. It was delicious and each serving was WAY too big. Well my Mom not only finisher hers, which made to my absolute joy and relief, but asked if I was going to finish mine. Well my Mom's weight was around 100 pounds at the time. To see her eat was an Easter blessing. I knew she would make it. She lived two more years and had a very good quality of life. We were proud that she never had to go into a nursing home, as per her request, we were able to comply. Mom passed away this past January 2 days after her 86'th birthday. I miss her daily.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast