Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good Friday thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 123191
    Treasure it Tink for sure.

It was 2 years ago today that a sort of miracle happened. I think some of you remember that time for me was pretty sad from another board. I was at home with two critically ill parents. They were both in hospice, last rights perfromed on both of them. Mom seemed to be doing better but Dad never came back and we lost him on the first day of spring 2007. Easter was earlier that year. Anyhow I wasn't sure that Mom would really get any better until Good Friday's dinner. Dad was still alive but in the hospital. My niece prepared a wonderful stuffed baked flounder. It was delicious and each serving was WAY too big. Well my Mom not only finisher hers, which made to my absolute joy and relief, but asked if I was going to finish mine. Well my Mom's weight was around 100 pounds at the time. To see her eat was an Easter blessing. I knew she would make it. She lived two more years and had a very good quality of life. We were proud that she never had to go into a nursing home, as per her request, we were able to comply. Mom passed away this past January 2 days after her 86'th birthday. I miss her daily.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 123185
    Diane, if it weren't for today being Good Friday, this sounds delicioius. What temperature in the oven and what kind of pasta?
    well....we've just had dinner or i would have taken a photo of the finished dish!
    John....I'll post a little something off to you and Donna....watch for the mail in about 10 days time. Don't worry....it won't be left overs

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, 'skip I remember.

I spoke with Mama tonight. She broke my heart. I told her that Seth and his Da were coming and she said, "I wish I could see them one more time." I still am struggling with my composure at that statement. I know she's beaten all the odds, more than once, but to hear her talk like that is terrible.

Peace to you, 'skip. Anniversaries of losses are heartbreaking in their own right.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 123261
    Yes, 'skip I remember.

I spoke with Mama tonight. She broke my heart. I told her that Seth and his Da were coming and she said, "I wish I could see them one more time." I still am struggling with my composure at that statement. I know she's beaten all the odds, more than once, but to hear her talk like that is terrible.

Peace to you, 'skip. Anniversaries of losses are heartbreaking in their own right.

Post Thanks / Like
    for Dan and Tink

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Friday came and went without me. Again.

Day began about 4:00 a.m. Exercised a bit and was at the computer by 4:30 a.m. uploading data. Worked until about 10:30 a.m., then took a couple of quick turns around the block. Well, speed is relative! I'm faster than I was two weeks ago, but a toddler could outwalk me at this point!

Changed into office appropriate attire and headed into the office. We don't have time off for Good Friday, although some companies do close in the afternoon. Worked until about 6:00 p.m, then headed to the CPAs' office. I was on copying and assembly duty last night--until midnight! I usually work from home, but we're trying to get as many returns out as possible by April 15th, which is the filing deadline for individuals (businesses vary). It's a case of divide and conquer, so everyone does a bit of everything to get it done!

We have "gray stuff" here today, to. It apparently began raining sometime after I arrived home last night. I think I was asleep about 10 minutes after arriving home and didn't hear a thing until 5:00 a.m.! More rain expected today, then clearing later and returning to around 80 degrees tomorrow. No plans for Easter--looks like I'll be working a good portion of the day. We do plan to call it a day by 4 or 5 p.m. so those who choose can spend time with their families. :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123