Thread: 3 kids hit Disney - That's my Castle

Post Thanks / Like
    Wednesday 22nd August

I was awake before any of the alarms went of because today we were going to see MY castle.
    I woke the kids up so we could all wait for the Mickey alarm to go off!!!!!
    I put it on speakerphone so we could all hear it and the butterflies came back to hear Mickey’s voice for the first time.
    We were up and dressed waiting for the Magic Kingdom bus by 7.05am which was perfect timing as the bus pulled up as we got there.

Excitement levels rose as we approached MK and I couldn’t get to the gates quick enough. We waited in the area for breakfast reservations and I started to get impatient!!!
    Eventually we were through the turnstiles and I was racing ahead as DD filmed my reaction to being ‘home’.

It is hilarious watching the video back as I keep turning back to the camera and pointing saying ‘there’s my castle’ with a really croaky emotional voice.
    At one point there is a close up of me with tears rolling down my face.
    I felt sick.
    I love that castle.

Robyn carried on filming while I snapped away taking advantage of the fact that there was no one in my way.
    I must have about 100 photos of the castle all from different angles but it’s my castle and I’ll take as many photos as I like!!!

We checked in at Crystal Palace and were soon called to take our seats.

We’ve never done a character meal before (ex again!!!) in fact we’ve never done a table service meal before,(apart from Boma last night) and all this was going to be free on the dining plan!!!!

Anyway our server was lovely and we had an endless supply of orange juice and tea. We loaded our plates in between rushing back to the table for photo and video opportunities with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore.

The food was fab and we will be doing this again just for the French toast!!
    The kids ate Disney out of fruit again and we had a lovely time twirling our napkins and singing whatever song it is they do!!!( sorry I can’t remember what they call it!!)

Our first stop after breakfast (via the castle for more photos of course) was BTM and SM where we found no wait at all.
    POC was next where we bumped in Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook and Smee.

The kids had a Pirate Tutorial with a very dodgy looking Captain Jack Sparrow and were sworn in as honorary pirates for the day.

Jungle Cruise had a wait time of 20 minutes but we were boarded within 10 and listening to the same old corny jokes!
    The park was starting to get a bit busier now so by the time we got to Tomorrowland we had to make use of the fastpass system and then went over to Buzz Lightyear which broke down as it came through the tunnel so I just sat there with my laser pointed at a target and my score went through the roof!!! Best I’ve ever done as I’m rubbish at this one.

We had time to enjoy our first, and very funny, visit to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor before our fastpass time was up.
    I’ll never forget the first time I took DS on SM and ended up holding his head for the whole ride (I sat behind him) as we were thrown about all over the track!!!
    This time was slightly less eventful but full of screaming from all 3 of us.

The kids treated themselves to a lanyard and pins from a cart in Tomorrowland before our mission of accosting every photopass photographer was put into action.
    After passing through my Castle and secretly smiling as I saw the CRT sign (they don’t know yet) we partook in some retail therapy in Tink’s Treasures and the Mickey shop before headed to another first for us – Mickey’s Phillarmagic

I had to pay a visit next………to the kitchen shop on the way out of fantasyland! I made a mental note of what I wanted to take home with me and another mental note that we might need another case!!!

We found a great spot in Liberty Square to watch the parade which once again I saw through the lens of the video camera.

It was so humid by now we decided to head back to ASMo for a swim and left the park via the shops on Main Street – as you do!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking forward to breakfast at CP sooo much!

Jodie

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh I love CP I'm not sure if it's the food or Pooh & Freiends X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sarah

1990 - lived in Buena Ventura Lakes, Kissimmee - Holiday rep.
    2002 - December DLRP Santa Fe (DS birthday)
    2007 - October WDW Radisson Hotel Celebration
    3 weeks.
    2009 - January DLRP Sequoia Lodge

Post Thanks / Like
    SM is soooo shakey, you need good strong upper underwear when riding that one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Am loving these reports! Have spent the last hour or so reading them lol! Another great day and lovely photo's!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you have while we've been chatting on msn!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Fab day!!! Tinks treasures is my fav shop in there too.

Post Thanks / Like
    great day
    :tongue0011-1:been before and cant wait to go again:tongue0011-1: