Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    you have all made very interesting points...

I think on one hand you have the saving the environment with better cars, plus using less energy, while on the other you are also helping the auto industry to survive

However, I agree that things these days arent made to last.... thats so unfortunate....

Post Thanks / Like
    Do they make a 4 seat smart car?

Can't squidge boy and dog on to one seat. Police would get cross.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 123689
    Do they make a 4 seat smart car?

Can't squidge boy and dog on to one seat. Police would get cross.
    I've seen mum + child in front seat, dog in back on those things but honestly, I'm not pushing them. I don't have one myself, it would be hypocritical to suggest it to others
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a fan of them.

Would like a proper affordable family hybrid car to come on the market though. It would be the latest fashion accessory and all those women with huge 4 x 4s they can't park would dash out to buy one.

Post Thanks / Like
    i'd like to see one of those too Dawn and i would surely have one. I don't like the thought of the smart cars as i think you would get squashed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 123700
    Would like a proper affordable family hybrid car to come on the market though.
    yeah... electric hyrbid for me, but yep, agreed

It would be the latest fashion accessory and all those women with huge 4 x 4s they can't park would dash out to buy one.
    don't get me started :( BMW x3/x5 seem to be their weapon of choice and every day I drive past the local school I see three or four strewn across the road whilst some hapless person endlessly inches forward and back without turning the wheel trying to get it facing the right way

Post Thanks / Like
    Smart cars kind of scare me. They are so very small. I can't imagine anyone surviving an impact with a semi if they were driving one of those. I think they do have their uses, but out on the open road with the trucker dudes is not a great idea.

GM has just been ordered by a judge to start the proceedings for bankruptcy.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 123704
    Smart cars kind of scare me. They are so very small. I can't imagine anyone surviving an impact with a semi if they were driving one of those. I think they do have their uses, but out on the open road with the trucker dudes is not a great idea.
    yep, next phase, get the semis off the roads and back onto rail where they belong

GM has just been ordered by a judge to start the proceedings for bankruptcy.
    jeez :( not good

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely! The semis need to be taken out of the equation. I know that will send another huge load of folks to the unemployment line though. See? It's those sorts of things that are not easily resolved.

The truckers didn't create the situation, eh? But they would pay for any huge overhaul of the system. Rail is the much more safe way, and far more responsible way (of course, in my opinion) to move huge amounts of anything.

SUVs (and yes, we drive a small crossover ourselves) are the next on my list. I swear to you, I do not understand why anyone would want a HumVee. :( I know I'm being biased, but really? A Humvee? I understand the "need" or even desire for some of the others, but the Hummers and the monster Fords have to go.

Lift kits for pickups, next on my list. How much do even ONE of those tires cost?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 123704
    Smart cars kind of scare me. They are so very small. I can't imagine anyone surviving an impact with a semi if they were driving one of those.
    Actually Tink, they crash tested one of the Smart cars on a tv programme a while back [30/40mph into a concrete block] and it came out surprisingly well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast