Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday's Mumblings

Post Thanks / Like
    Well then! Have you all had your fill of Easter treats? :D :D

It's a gloomy start to the day weather wise here in the Orlando area. It is also a very gloomy start to the news.

There has been a body found on the I-4 overpass in downtown Orlando (near the OBT). :( :( There are police there investigating now, with no real information yet available. Perhaps it is a homeless person. :( Perhaps not.

Disney was reportedly jammed to the gills over the weekend. We learned that because more people are driving to WDW instead of flying (proportionately to all the visitors) the parking lots are filling up prior to the parks reaching capacity. Thus, WDW has been having people park in overflow at EPCOT and then busing them to the MK. Same for DHS, park elsewhere and bus to that particular park.

The Balloon "ride" opens today (according to the news) at DTD. When we get down there next, we'll give you a little review of it (if someone here hasn't done so prior, which may well be the case). News reports have it at $10-15 per person for a 400 (or was it 300) ft in the air "ride." Not so sure it's much of an attraction for us, but certainly others will enjoy it.

Will actually have the luxury of working from home today so I can get any number of things done (wicked load of reports, and paperwork to do) and than off to the west coast of Florida for the remainder of this week.

So, hope you all have a wonderful week with nothing unpleasant or disruptive coming your way!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    "Very gruesome scene." That's the phrase being used with regard to the body found under the overpass. :( They are not yet saying it is a homeless person, but it is an area that many homeless folks sleep. :(

I so hope it isn't another case of a homeless person being beaten to death for no reason other than the murderous intent of the attacker. There has been a few instances in the recent past of teens marauding and targeting a homeless person. :( :(

Ugh. Sorry to be so grim. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    doesn't sound good Tink, we have a case at the moment here where bits of a body are being found all over the country!! there are some sick people out there.

i am cleaning..................with a vengeance if you sit still for more than 5 seconds you will be bleached

I've just iced the cake i was making when i got the phone call yesterday- it's a blooming mess but tastes fantastic.

It's a malteser cake - i can't remember what you call those candy in the US ?? they have a thin layer of chocolate on the outside and malty stuff in the middle. Well the icing has malt and cocoa in it and so does the cake. It's a Nigella recipe so has absolutely NO calories!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Malted Milk Balls.

I can't imagine a cake made with that? I like malted milk shakes though...

Any news on the baby yet? Did I miss a post?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 123600
    Malted Milk Balls.

I can't imagine a cake made with that? I like malted milk shakes though...

Any news on the baby yet? Did I miss a post?
    if you like malt shakes you would probably appreciate a small slice

you missed photos too!! look in my excited thread!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm off!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    :( Oh that doesn't sound good Tink! I'd like to say that I am shocked by people, but the truth is, I'm not.

I have so much school work to do that I'm not sure how its all going to get done. But I am fighting those thoughts with that of "I'm tired if this semester and don't want to do anymore." Hopefully the latter will not win.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you are doing stats this semester, but what else are you taking? (How are the stats going)?

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a little bit of good news yesterday. My dad is currently in FL. He travels with his trailer every Easter break. Last night he let me know he will be buying land in the park they are in now as they really like it a lot. And...it's only 30 mins from WDW!!!

I will have a permanent place to go to every year to get my WDW fix!! :)
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    OH GOSH!!!! That is GREAT news!!!

What park? Just out of curiosity? If you aren't comfortable answering that is perfectly understandable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast