Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the moral of the story?

Post Thanks / Like
    My brother Steve is a carpenter. Last Monday he cut his knee. It got a bit sore but he left it. He's male, they don't like to make a fuss. On Friday his knee ballooned with infection. He couldn't get upstairs because of the pain. On Saturday Lisa offered to take him to the saturday surgery at their doctors. He said no it will be alright till Tuesday when normal surgeries open again. He turns up at my parents yesterday for Steven's party looking grey in colour and hardly able to walk. My dad took him to the local walk-in centre where they looked at him and told him to go to the nearest A & E. Dad drives him another 20 miles and drops him off. Two hours later we get a phone call - he's been admitted to the assessment ward for observation. Today he is still in there hooked up to intravenous anti-biotics awaiting a scan to see if the infection has penetrated any bone. He has to stay in at least one more night too and they are threatening to cut open his knee to drain it.

The moral of the story??

1 - if you cut it, clean it!!!

2 - if it starts to look wrong - go to the doctor now, not next week.

PS - I'll be uploading photos of the day later. There are no photos of Uncle Steve.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh dear :( Hope he is better soon (Although not so soon that he doesn't learn his lesson!)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    gee wizz!! shame about no pics of it- i like to look at wound pictures!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's horrible Dawn! Thanks for teaching us a lesson :) I hope it's not in the bone and your brother is feeling better quickly!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 123677
    gee wizz!! shame about no pics of it- i like to look at wound pictures!
    Google images is your friend
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 123683
    Google images is your friend

Post Thanks / Like
    wow... bone infection is quite serious, I sincerely hope it didnt reach the bone...

men..... I will just never get them.. hahaha... Too broke his nose 2 years ago.... it was purple and had a lump in the center... he decided it wasnt broken...

so... 2 years later... he CANT BREATHE properly... and now to fix it he will need surgery.... which he wont do... hahaha... I just dont get it....

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh for heaven's sake!

Anyone mentioning tetanus? :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well actually he had a tetanus a couple of months ago when he impailed a nail in the same knee.

Post Thanks / Like
    At least he's covered for that. Let's hope the mxs work and he's not in for a miserable course.

I am not going to say much about his delaying though. I am the worst when it comes to putting off medical care. :( We won't even talk about dental, ok? :spring:

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast