Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just say

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 123981
    not really. If they lose their job it's because of the actions that they chose to take, not your reporting of it IMHO
    I agree Keith. It's bang out of order and she probably knows it. Report it Julie as she obviously had to go to some trouble to get your number. She should have thought then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    ummm...

well... I think if she is handling CONFIDENTIAL information, it SHOULD remain confidential.... thats part of her job description....

who knows how many times she has used that information, and who knows what else she could get from it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I phone a friend?

Just kidding... number 1 definatley. It is a serious breach of laws and it is her own fault if she looses her job!

This is terrible Hope it gets sorted soon!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me see if I fully understand this Julie.

1. An acquaintance/client from YOUR work place?
    2. If not, what sort of work place, and why would he/she be calling you at home about a work related matter.
    3. Depending on the circumstances, here in the U.S. there may be a thin line as to whether any confidentiality was breached.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Official channels here too Jules. I know it's tough, and I do understand your feeling of vulnerability, but to be honest that has already been compromised anyway. And this person could do this to someone else. Through the official channels you could immediately register your concerns. This is very serious.

I'm sorry hun, what an awful situation, and an awful feeling

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 124031
    Let me see if I fully understand this Julie.

1. An acquaintance/client from YOUR work place?
    2. If not, what sort of work place, and why would he/she be calling you at home about a work related matter.
    3. Depending on the circumstances, here in the U.S. there may be a thin line as to whether any confidentiality was breached.
    it was a patients' relative ringing my home number and she works in a health related field.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bang out of order :( Next she could turn up at your home if she's not happy with something you have done concerning said relative.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the best thing to do is give her a courtesy notification that you are going to have to act on her inappropriate releasing of private (note the lack of "your") information. As a professional in the field there is a responsibility to protect data and there is no choice in the matter.

That will depersonalize it as much as possible and let her know that something of that nature is extremely unprofessional. I would hope that she has no other infractions on her record, and may get a written warning, or something of that nature instead of getting immediately released.

You are "causing" anything. You are upholding professional work ethics. Here, a HIPPA violation (what you are describing, protection of personal data/health related) is a mandatory reporting.

Good luck to you and I sure hope she didn't give out anything else.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I'm with everyone else. I would definitely report through the official channels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Foreverducky, can you imagine violating HIPPA with regard to the folks we serve? HIPPA is bad enough but when you add the MH protections too, eeesh. Not a pretty thing to mess with!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast