Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just say

Post Thanks / Like
    Defiantly should be reported officially. Serious breach of Data Protection, and as you have stated in an earlier post this person works in a health related field and so should be fully aware of the confidentiality requirements of patient data etc.

If they have spent the time to dig deep into your records and then into related records just to find your contact details in this manner, just imagine what other "casual use" they may make of the data they have access to.

Similar to Keith, I have direct access and control over databases containing large quantities of sensitive personal data in my current job, and in a previous job i had similar access and responsibilities involving criminal justice data. Were I maliciously inclined, or just plain stupid, I would have/had the ability to do a lot of silly things with that information. Thankfully I take Data Protection seriously and I do not undertake any action that could compromise that. I learnt the skill of skimming over the data just looking for key information without looking into the details early on... some of the criminal justice data really did not bear close inspection on a full stomach!

... With great power comes great responsibility ...

... 'nuff said

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 124085
    Foreverducky, can you imagine violating HIPPA with regard to the folks we serve? HIPPA is bad enough but when you add the MH protections too, eeesh. Not a pretty thing to mess with!
    No way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Data Protection Act is there for a reason, to protect us all. Please report this person through the appropriate official channels.
    Jackie

Post Thanks / Like
    i have spoken to her on a professional level this morning and she didn't even mention the phone call yesterday so i didn't say anything. I did tell her that I wouldn't be dealing with her queries in the future but supplied her another number. I then put in the complaint which will go to her employer and i won't be returning to the place in which she works. I don't feel good about it but i do feel having mulled it over, spoken to loads of people that this is the right thing. thanks for your support guys as ever

Post Thanks / Like
    Feel good about it Brit. You've done the right thing for all concerned.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    to you. Feel at peace with the fact that you have done the right thing. I work with medical data too. I know how protected that stuff is and how seriously a breach of protocol can be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 123961
    . . . to ring you about a work related matter -
    It might depend on how urgent the contact needed to be made as to how far I would take the matter. A word in the offenders shell like might be the way to go.

Everyone needs a hug in the morning
    and one at the end of the day.
    As many as possible squeezed in between
    to keep lifes troubles at bay.

What’s another word for Thesaurus?

Post Thanks / Like

You did the right thing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123