Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Beginner DSLR?

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, see there! Funny how that works isn't it? Like I said, it's not the first Nikon I've ever owned and to be fair, it *is* the first time I've had problems...so I will eventually forgive and forget :D

Here's a question, I once heard a photographer say, the lens is what makes or breaks the camera...that essentially all camera's are functional, but if you're going to invest, invest in the lens. Agree? Disagree?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 124401
    Here's a question, I once heard a photographer say, the lens is what makes or breaks the camera...that essentially all camera's are functional, but if you're going to invest, invest in the lens. Agree? Disagree?
    oh I'd have to stay up longer than I have to answer that one stupid morning meeting.

The MOST important element is the photographer. With the right photographer, whether she uses a disposable with a rubbish lens or a top of the range, the images will have that certain something. On the other hand, someone who can't frame could use the top of the range kit and come out with a boring snap.

That aside, in the film days, anyone could use the best film so all that was left to vary was the lens, the rest of the kit was effectively a hole over some film :) so yep, it was down to the lens and not the camera.

That's still true today, a truly great lens wil give you more keepers and better bokeh, less faults and so on BUT today, the film is replaced with a sensor and the sensors vary massively in size, light gathering capacity and so on. So today, it's the whole system that matters much more than ever before.

Would I rather a good lens and poor camera than a poor lens and good camera? yep 100% :) many reasons, you can work past a poor camera but a poor lens will always be in the way. Also you can swap out cameras every so often whereas lenses can be kept a lifetime!

End of the day though, the photographer is still the most important part of the whole equation
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    So what he's saying Becca is that it's ALL up to YOU. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, no pressure!! NO PRESSURE AT ALL!

Incredible answer, mate...as always

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345