Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginner DSLR?

Post Thanks / Like
    I must admit I am not ready to spend any money just yet, but I was wondering what novice dslrs did people recommend?

I had glanced at the D60 and D40(x), but was not sure really what the differences were. What brand is good to go with regarding these types of cameras? I know that Canon and Nikon are good brands in general.

Also, is there a specific lens that is a must? I looked at the 18-200mm and that it looked nice, but nearly when looking at the price.

Post Thanks / Like
    long ago in a galaxy far far away I purchased a Rebel..it was very easy to use

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 124091
    long ago in a galaxy far far away I purchased a Rebel..it was very easy to use
    But now you use your small Sony right? Any specific reason why you don't use the Rebel? :D

Post Thanks / Like
    CANON

they are bringing in a new model - the 500D i believe, it's a tad above entry level but for the price looks wonderful!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well the Canon rebel or 450d/500d over in the UK are always a great little choice. Capable, cheap enough and easily enough for anyone getting started.

The Nikon equivalents are easily as good and better in some ways, they constantly leap frog each other in capabilities.

There are some newbies in town though! Sony, Pentax and others have all got bodies out with image stabilisation technologies built into the camera meaning all lenses benefit from anti-shake and the lenses are cheaper because they dont have to have the added technology in each lens

There's also the panasonic g1 and micro-four-thirds type DSLRs which are breaking new territories in terms of size. Some of those are so small that they're almost compact camera size but with DSLR advantages.

To some extent the best thing to do is try and make a bit of a short list then go to a local shop and try a few out. They all feel pretty different
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My personal choice is Canon. I have the 400D which seems a good camera to start with. Join a photo site like Talk Photography and keep an eye on second hand cameras if price is an issue. There are some bargains to be had.

Everyone needs a hug in the morning
    and one at the end of the day.
    As many as possible squeezed in between
    to keep lifes troubles at bay.

What’s another word for Thesaurus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 124092
    But now you use your small Sony right? Any specific reason why you don't use the Rebel? :D
    Because I let it go to Iraq with my laptop and both got ruined....thanks Billie Im gonna go light something on fire now....;)

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun, post: 124145
    My personal choice is Canon. I have the 400D which seems a good camera to start with. Join a photo site like Talk Photography and keep an eye on second hand cameras if price is an issue. There are some bargains to be had.
    echo that, plus, for UK people, keep an eye on the tesco direct website! they often have offers on the canon entry level which are sometimes truly amazing
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Are they so much better than the smaller cameras that they're worth the money and the weight though?

what could I do with one that I couldnt do with one of the good smaller ones?

Post Thanks / Like
    I will definitely check out those mentioned. I am at school right now, but once I'm home I will check them out. thanks everyone!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast