Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tell me YOUR secret

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes. That was years ago.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a complete secret to those who know me from elsewhere, but...

...It was 22 years between my first and second visits to WDW!

Spent a lot of time at Disneyland, though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncyTigger, post: 2833
    I was very emotional when I saw cinderellas castle for the first time. When it first came in to view from the mk bus from our resort I admit I shed a tear.

When we arrived at mk I dashed of the bus to the entrance and ran up main street to see the castle in all its glory. A day I will never forget.
    BT it brought a lump to my throat too, seeing the castle from the top of main street for the first time and seeing my kids faces, they were 14 & 11 at the time and they were in awe
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    My secret is this... I was totally unimpressed by WDW when we first went... hated the fakeness of the theming... it just didn't do *it* for me. But when I got back I must have somehow been hit by the pixiedust because I couldn't wait to go back. And have been back every year since and LOVE it! How weird is that? Only going to Mexico this year because am having an op and need to just chill and relax... but have already got next years WDW trip booked and half paid for!

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know if its a very good secret but we have made so many friends by sitting at the comporary outer rim lounge and spending lazy afternoons there. People are always coming up to us saying hi and we're still in touch after many many years

We also always buy ponchos from walmart on day one because if it rains, thats when we go to the parks yes I know but everyone else will always head back to their hotels leaving the parks free for us and a bit of rain never hurt anyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Cruella, I'm sorry to hear about your needing an op!

UKTim have you heard? The lounge at the Contemporary is closing. We've always enjoyed a relaxing drink or two there ourselves.

There is a new one opening. Connected somehow to the new restaurant, The Wave?

Time seems to change many things. :sigh;

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 3274
    UKTim have you heard? The lounge at the Contemporary is closing. We've always enjoyed a relaxing drink or two there ourselves.

There is a new one opening. Connected somehow to the new restaurant, The Wave?
    That's such a shame I've whiled away many pleasant hours there, ok mostly just waiting to be served :gy: but I'll miss that place
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UKTim, post: 3141
    I dont know if its a very good secret but we have made so many friends by sitting at the comporary outer rim lounge and spending lazy afternoons there. People are always coming up to us saying hi and we're still in touch after many many years

We also always buy ponchos from walmart on day one because if it rains, thats when we go to the parks yes I know but everyone else will always head back to their hotels leaving the parks free for us and a bit of rain never hurt anyone
    I really liked the outer rim too. It was such a good place to just chill out and relax and watch the world go by.

I have had quite a few cocktails in there after having a busy day at mk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well got to say when we turned the corner in MK and looked at the castle i started to cry, yes i know i am a big softie :happy114::rofl:
    wDisneySecrets.com Ticker

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TiggerD, post: 5760
    Well got to say when we turned the corner in MK and looked at the castle i started to cry, yes i know i am a big softie :happy114::rofl:
    Well then I'm right there with you because I always tear up as soon as I see it too :p015:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast