Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parasailing at Sammy Duvall's

Post Thanks / Like
    Parasailing at Sammy Duvall's. Click on the HQ button as soon as the video starts for a better quality viewing.

[YOUTUBE]YBrdL4qoWrs[/YOUTUBE]

Post Thanks / Like
    You know? I think I can do that! I was paying close attention to the landing/re-entry and there seemed to be no force on Dave's legs at all. I would be able to manage that. (I've always heard/read that you needed to be able to withstand a landing force equivalent to a jump (down) of 15 feet, and I wouldn't be able to do that).

I like the fact too, that he was able to keep his glasses on (I'd be blind without mine) and wore regular clothes, and didn't need to appear publicly in a bathing suit!

I'm thinking I just may start hinting that this would be a good gift idea! :D :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic music choice. :D

Oh, I would so love to go do that! Was it really expensive?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 125380
    You know? I think I can do that! I was paying close attention to the landing/re-entry and there seemed to be no force on Dave's legs at all. I would be able to manage that. (I've always heard/read that you needed to be able to withstand a landing force equivalent to a jump (down) of 15 feet, and I wouldn't be able to do that).

I like the fact too, that he was able to keep his glasses on (I'd be blind without mine) and wore regular clothes, and didn't need to appear publicly in a bathing suit!

I'm thinking I just may start hinting that this would be a good gift idea! :D :D :D
    I think you could do it too Tink Because I was trying to take photos and video, I missed his initial take off on video. But, as you can see, everything was gentle and DH said it was just like being on a push swing in the park for take off and landing. The way they hoist you back onto the boat is all done with mechanics so it is very smooth. There is a section on the video when he is up in the air that looks very shakey but, that was becasue I was zooming so far in with my camcorder, not because DH was actually being shaken about mid air.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 125381
    Fantastic music choice. :D

Oh, I would so love to go do that! Was it really expensive?
    Here you go...
    Regular Flights:
    450ft.
    8-10 min ride
    $95 +tax per single
    $170 +tax per tandem (2 people together)

Deluxe Flights:
    600ft.
    10-12 min ride
    $130 +tax per single
    $195 +tax per tandem

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooo, thanks! That seems reasonable for the experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 125397
    Oooo, thanks! That seems reasonable for the experience.
    I went with him but obviously stayed on the boat and that was free.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's nice that you didn't have to stay on the dock, but got to ride along! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    You also get the option for a CM to take photos and they put them on a disc for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great to know, especially for folks that go solo. Could he take a camera up with him?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 125483
    That's great to know, especially for folks that go solo. Could he take a camera up with him?
    DH did joke about doing that but I wouldn't advise it....especially with an expensive camera. If I had my slimline pocket camera with me he could have taken that up. You're not up there that long....in my humble opinion, I think you need to see it with your own eyes rather than through a viewfinder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast