Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: St Petes or Clearwater

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 125578
    It was called that for years because that was normally the place where an accident would occur during the morning rush hour. Nothing really to be concerned about. Just be aware. Most of the problems I ever saw there were due to pure, rampant, stupidity and could easily have been avoided. Really nothing to worry about.

Here... try this.

Drive it virtually before you actually go there! Click on this link and this will put you into Google maps street view on I-4 heading into Tampa. Just keep clicking the little white arrow and adjusting your direction using the slider in the upper right hand corner. Follow the signs to I-275. This way, you can see what it's actually like before you ever get there!

Tom (... no worries!)
    Thanks Tom . Off to look now. Hopefully will miss rush hour traffic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 125529
    I'd have to say head for the St. Pete's pier.
    I miss the old, original pier. This is the one where my parents and grand parents would take us all on a Sunday afternoon to watch the Pelicans feed and the boats sail by. Sadly, gone since 1967 and replaced with the current one.

<center>

More info here.</center>

Tom (... tradition, I tell you, tradition)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow, Tom. That is a great photo! I can easily see why you miss the old version!

The new one isn't half bad though (kind of like WDW, eh? If you knew it before you miss so many things, but if you didn't it's just fine now).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Great photo .

I am guessing its about 1 1/2 to 2 hour journey each way. Is there any were near that has the beach for my dad but lots for Beth to do ie shopping, pier. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending upon traffic it can be closer to two hours. It's actually taken me three before (but that was pretty unusual).

I'll let Tom answer the beach near the pier question. I know there are areas to walk, but honestly can't remember if there is a bathing beach area near there or not. We go each year for a Yankee game, so the pier is secondary to our reason for being there.

Yankees, Ceviche and the pier in that order.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 125609
    Is there any were near that has the beach for my dad but lots for Beth to do ie shopping, pier. Thanks
    Actually, there's two beaches. They're small since they're actually on Tampa Bay and not the Gulf but they're right there and handy. One's actually right at the beginning of the Pier. You can see it on the map here. The other is just a few blocks north of there off North Shore Drive. Visible here on the map.

They're kinda small, like I said but they've got sand, sun and water. What else do you really need?

Tom (... wishing he were back in old St. Pete!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Tom! I wanted to say there was a bathing beach right there, but honestly couldn't bring it up in my mind. :spring:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 125610
    Yankees, Ceviche and the pier in that order.
    If you like baseball, you oughta try the Kid's and the Kub's softball games sometime. Primary requirement to be a player is that you've got to be older than 75. It's a blast! Here's their website.

Tom (... ahhh.... nostalgia)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like serious fun!

We particularly love Minor League and the way the Yankees are going this year, they should all revisit the Minors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry was meaning another area we could visit with beach and things to do for Beth that was closer to Orlando

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast