Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: St Petes or Clearwater

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 125641
    Sorry was meaning another area we could visit with beach and things to do for Beth that was closer to Orlando
    Ahhh... one word. Daytona. About an hour away on I-4.

Tom (... keep Florida green, bring money!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Cocoa Beach is the closest to Orlando. It has the huge Ron Jon's Surf Shop and some other shops. It's mostly a quiet little place though. Nice beaches and an incredible seafood joint, Maine'ly Lobster. I'm sure you've "heard" me go on and on and ON about it before.

Not as lively as Daytona though. (But I really don't care for Daytona, even though it's been cleaned up and its reputation is better, it still puts me off).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 125711
    Cocoa Beach is the closest to Orlando. It has the huge Ron Jon's Surf Shop and some other shops. It's mostly a quiet little place though. Nice beaches and an incredible seafood joint, Maine'ly Lobster. I'm sure you've "heard" me go on and on and ON about it before.
    Hadn't thought about that but you're right. That would be a bit closer. And, if you go over 528 to get there from Orlando, you can go through Port Canaveral. Time it right and you might get to see the Disney Magic or Wonder at the cruise terminal.

Tom (... hmmm.... a cruise.... ponders quietly)

Post Thanks / Like
    Off to check them out

Maine'ly Lobster. I'm sure you've "heard" me go on and on and ON about it before.
    Beth and my favorite diet whilst in the USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Guys. I have made my mind up and it will be Daytona. Its seems to have lots on offer and at least it wont be via Tampa

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123