Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: A quick trip to Ireland

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 127491
    Boy that fisherman looked pretty serious. What happened to people holding their own pole?

Post Thanks / Like

Though seriously, the pole was being held by a stand, that's not fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    ahh but when you're sitting there all day your arms would surely get tired from holding that fishing rod!

Post Thanks / Like
    Catching up after my hols, and this thread is brilliant! Great great pics! Thanks M!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    awww thank you honey!

Post Thanks / Like
    i knew i shouldn't look through them again....now i'm aching to go back! My sister and i were talking, she said she thought we may move out there as we'd planned to many years ago before family came along.....the boys aren't too happy with the thought, i guess they just like the holidays!

i'm not sure i would move over there now even if we could afford it, but i'd love to have a place for getting away from it all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 127460
    alas, that's no Disney countdown - it's just me keeping an eye on the days for something else!

Ahhhh, a mystery!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was racing through the boards last night trying to catch up and my fingers hit the "post" button too early for my last comment....I've been away too long....:tongue:

Meant to say I've never been to Ireland (well, other than Dublin!), but the gorgeous beaches remind me so much of the beaches we went to in my childhood in Northumberland (for those not in the UK that's the North East coast of England). Wild, windy, rugged, beautiful, atmospheric...and on a sunny day better than any beach in any tropical place in the world for conventional beauty. Bamburgh beach is till me fave beach in the world, we still go there when we can, and those Irish beaches look so similar.

I also love all of the photos of your boys...they look so natural, so unselfconscious, they're just having fun in the moment and that comes across...it's very uplifting to see, if that makes sense??

Anyway, off to hit the "post" button hopefully at the right time

Post Thanks / Like
    The beaches are beautiful, i can barely remember when we've ever had a day sunny and warm enough to mess around in bare feet in the water ~ there have been a few but they were before the boys were born!

We're ever hopeful and bring the swimming gear each time we go but it's just way too cold!

Thank you for your comment about the boys, that's lovely to read. i hope they remember their trips for ever and feel sentimental enough to want to bring their own children over - as long as Bill and Ann are around they'll always have a place to stay, she told them both they *have* to come back with their own families!

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't realize that it was that cold. Does it remain that way even in the summer months? Had to laugh at your boys not wanting to move there, when we were home in Pennsylvania this week-end all my relatives want us to move and Tyler just kept saying " we're really not going to move Mom! Are we!" Boys really have a hard time with change, at least all my boys!! I would love to move there to be closer to my cousins. They're more like sisters.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789