Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is it you just "don't get"?

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont get Monty Python (please dont ban me from the site, hahaha) seriously... whats so funny?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is self perpetuating they have no respect for authority and we are now into generations born to people who have never worked who have no intention of working, our government goes out of their way to pander to them and provides ever increasing funds to facilitate its continuation. To think people of their age died to give them the right to do what they do sickens me

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari, post: 126363
    I dont get Monty Python (please dont ban me from the site, hahaha) seriously... whats so funny?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 126364
    It is self perpetuating they have no respect for authority and we are now into generations born to people who have never worked who have no intention of working, our government goes out of their way to pander to them and provides ever increasing funds to facilitate its continuation. To think people of their age died to give them the right to do what they do sickens me

at ME, I thought this was your explanation of why Monty Python was funny..... and it just confused me more... hahahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Same here, Doc. There are third and some fourth generations who are career public assistance folks. Not going to launch into a huge discussion, but I'm one of those sorts who sees that social changes must be made, or the entire system is going to be continuously played out. :)

Breaking out of that system is extremely difficult. Not that it can't be done, but the challenges for doing so are often so monumental, and the motivation to break out is so often not there... (Hard to convince a kid to work at McDonald's after school, and stay in school, when s/he can get involved in gang culture with all the attendant issues that has to "offer" ). :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well in my neck of the woods CHAV stands for Council House and Violent

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess people who ABUSE the system will always exist....

I feel sorry not for the adults, but for their children because how can they expect anything else, or try to do better when thats ALL they've seen???

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh. Well. That tells me... NOTHING! LOL. I have no understanding at all of "council" and when you all refer to "going to the council" etc. Just wondered about the term.

I don't get it when people don't love freshly cooked beet/beetroot. :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbours are good examples. Two sons in their early 20s, both unmarried fathers, neither working, neither mother working, free housing, etc etc etc.

Heard the father one day talking to youngest son about some benefit or other he wanted to claim

"Lie to them, the only way you get anything from them is through lying"

Says it all really.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 126373
    Oh. Well. That tells me... NOTHING! LOL. I have no understanding at all of "council" and when you all refer to "going to the council" etc. Just wondered about the term.

I don't get it when people don't love freshly cooked beet/beetroot. :D :D
    The Council is the local authority, like your city government. They provide free accomodation to these people, known coloquially as a council house.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast