Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ta Da it is official!

Post Thanks / Like
    DD Alex has reached a milestone. She has made her decision. Some of you remember the college tours we were taking right after Easter. She toured Radford and really liked it. Since then she toured Longwood University in Farmville, VA.

We got there Friday evening. Got there in the late afternoon around 5 ish. Parked in front of the campus and went into Ruffner Hall. Beatifully restored building. Big rotunda with paintings, and the statue Joanie on the Stoney...Patron saint Joan of Arc on a rock. Legend has it if you rub her (well worn) hands you will be a part of the university. Alex rubbed them!

Spring fest week was going on, lots of rock bands playing on the quad all weekend. Alex even heard of some of them Schwayze? Never heard of them. Had dinner at a tavern across from the Rotunda building. Saw a bunch of ten minute, student produced plays, walked around campus, then turned in. DD wasn't sold on it Friday.

Saturday morning is the orientation. Lots of families there. While milling about before entering the auditorium, the president of the college came over to talk with us, spent a lot of time with us. Nice lady. She went on the tour with art majors (photograhy) and fell in love with the place. I could see she made up her mind then and there. My daughter will be a Longwood Lancer!

Now I am starting to begin to realize that we (DW and I) will be empty nesters soon...

walls closing in......hard....to....breathe.....room.......spinn ing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well. congratulations on her choosing!!

I bet it will be hard to let her go though...

Post Thanks / Like
    awww Dan, i know you're going to miss Alex so much but I'm pleased she was able made her decision easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I am glad...she was undeclared as to a major until she met the faculty of the art department. They spoke her language. They were great. Good thing is Longwood is only 3 hours away while Radford was more like 5 and a half hours away.

I am very pleased with her choice. Longwood was the one I was rooting for.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had leaky eyes by the end of your opening post. Tough stuff, Da.

What an incredible journey she is about to embark upon. All the very best to her!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    to you dad. I feel your pain.

Congrats to Alex!! Awesome!!! Longwood is a very good school and she will be fine.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 126433
    I had leaky eyes by the end of your opening post. Tough stuff, Da.

What an incredible journey she is about to embark upon. All the very best to her!
    I know Tink, be careful of what you wish for! We have been so busy with all the college selection preparation and information, that is seems like a lot of the stuff that was keeping my mind off the real outcome has been removed by her decision. I guess before when she had several options it was more vague and removed.. so, guess I will have to get used to it. I am so proud of her, and so happy for her future. Now we get to go shopping for dorm stuff! Oh joy, rapture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 126436
    to you dad. I feel your pain.

Congrats to Alex!! Awesome!!! Longwood is a very good school and she will be fine.

I know Johnie...reading your posts too has touched me too..when did our little girls grow up????

Post Thanks / Like
    Very recently is seems

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! Do I detect just the teensiest bit of sarcasm there, 'Skip with regard to the fast approaching shopping expedition? :D

A toaster oven is more versatile than a microwave. :D However, the quickness of the microwave usually wins out over the toaster oven. You could, get stackers. :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast