Post Thanks / Like
    1. kids are not allowed (weird huh )

or

2. where you WOULDNT take kids?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari, post: 126541
    1. kids are not allowed (weird huh )
    No very much not weird although perhaps you're asking for different reasons than I.

As much as I know Disney is a kid's paradise, we go as a couple and like some quiet evening meals.

The only restaurant I specifically know that disallows children under a certain age after a certain time is Victoria & Alberts which is in the Grand Floridian and the most superb dining experience you can have whilst at Disney.

2. where you WOULDNT take kids?
    Well I don't have kids but in my experience the answer to that question is, no matter how late, no matter how tired and screamy the kids are, some people will take them anywhere, any time. (of course, that's a horrible generalisation and not true for many parents but still it's true for enough such that you'll encounter crying kidlets all over)

PERSONALLY, I wouldn't be taking very young kids to the California grill in the mid-late evening, same would go for YSH, Narcoosees and so on. I'd imagine they'd be bored as much as anything else.

Of course, it's always going to be a judgement call as to how well behaved the individual kids are in potentially boring, for them, places.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't take a child who could not sit quietly at the dinner table for approximately two hours to Jiko, California Grill, Yachtsman's Steakhouse, Victoria and Albert's, Citrico's, Artist Point, or Bistro de Paris (upstairs in France).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Victoria and Albert's does not allow children under 10 period.

I agree with Tink. I wouldn't take a child who couldn't sit through a meal quietly to any signature restaurant. But then I'm one of those who believes that Disney should set aside "Adults Only" areas at all of their siggies anyway. I HATE having my meal ruined by kids running around, screaming, crying or carrying on when I am paying those kind of prices.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly don't mind children in any setting. It's the parents that I mind. :wink: If the child becomes disruptive, then it is the parental responsibility to remove the child from the setting. It's not damaging to the wee bairn's psyche, rather an example of teaching the child consideration for those around one in a public setting. Behavior in a public place must differ from behavior in the private home, or you end up with... well, the nonsense that you so often see today in restaurants. (Mama would have "murdered" any one of us for behaving the way many children today are allowed to behave). It's also quite dangerous to allow a child to run unattended through a restaurant. Servers are working and not expecting a child to run smack into their knees when they are carrying a heavy tray laden with hot food.

Part of the responsibility of parenting is realizing that you may not be able to enjoy a leisurely dinner any time you please with the child along. You need to adjust your desires to the child's needs, eh?

Whooooeeee! That sounds pretty ominous and I don't mean it too. Suffice to say that the children of today behave in the manner that is allowed by the parent.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We took ours to Citricos last time (they were 9 and 7) but we sat down at around 6pm and it was very quiet in there just a few other famillies all the children in there were very well behaved and no problems whatsoever, even though I know my children will be fine I still wouldn't take them in a restaurant like that later although I do think its important that they learn how to behave in a way that the setting they are in requires. Mine have eaten out from a very young age but I am shocked sometimes by other kids and the way they are *allowed* to behave in restaurants (and that goes from McDonalds to upscale).

We are hoping to go to California Grill this year and even though they are slightly older now we will still eat at around 6pm because I feel more comfortable with that

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    LisaW, you could make a fortune setting up a school for parenting lessons.

Post Thanks / Like
    No they are horrible the rest of the time they just know how to behave in restaurants

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast