Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: First Shots with Nikon D40

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got my camera the other day and due to finals was just able to open it up. I decided to just see what happens on auto, before I read the manual for manual settings. Also got the D40 guide. Here are just a few shots. I mostly just cropped some of them. These are just from the neighborhood this morning. I did lighten the squirrel and nest.
    [ATTACH]2865.vB[/ATTACH]

    [ATTACH]2866.vB[/ATTACH]

    [ATTACH]2867.vB[/ATTACH]

    [ATTACH]2868.vB[/ATTACH]

    [ATTACH]2869.vB[/ATTACH]

    [ATTACH]2870.vB[/ATTACH]

    [ATTACH]2871.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Senior Member mumof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    9,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    awww, look at Arthur - how cute!

    and that squirrel is looking straight at you! you live in a seriously lovely area FD




  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    exellent start!!














  4. #4
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,858
    Post Thanks / Like
    Focus seems sport on, sharp, natural colours... looks like you've got a good one
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I do Mum, I'm very lucky! It's safe and quiet. Arthur didn't want to pose today. Maybe he's having a bad hair day.

    Thanks Britchick. :D

    I hope to get out soon. I love shooting cemeteries and found one close to me, so I plan to visit it within the next week or so. Still got plans for the botanical garden and historic village...so I hope to have some different shots soon.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 127434
    Focus seems sport on, sharp, natural colours... looks like you've got a good one
    Thanks Keith.

    The squirrel is a little fuzzy to me, but he was far away and then I cropped him big time when I got home (using that Corel program).

  7. #7
    Senior Member mumof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    9,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 127436
    I love shooting cemeteries .....





  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    338
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the colors was it expensive and how hard to use is it?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brigjton
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 127428
    I got my camera the other day and due to finals was just able to open it up. I decided to just see what happens on auto, before I read the manual for manual settings. Also got the D40 guide. Here are just a few shots. I mostly just cropped some of them. These are just from the neighborhood this morning. I did lighten the squirrel and nest.
    Attachment 2865

    Attachment 2866

    Attachment 2867

    Attachment 2868

    Attachment 2869

    Attachment 2870

    Attachment 2871
    why can't I see them/

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 127438

    The squirrel is a little fuzzy to me, but he was far away and then I cropped him big time when I got home (using that Corel program).
    my dear- i have been out today and shot 250 photos of ducks- and only a few are 'keepable' critters move- they're a bloomin nightmare.


    i like shooting cemeteries too














Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •