Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Golden Corral any good?

Post Thanks / Like
    Unlimited corn bread keeps me occupied there and where else can I have a plate with blueberry pie and pizza for breakfast???

Post Thanks / Like
    We went to Ruth Chris in Mexico cos it said USB there and it was delish, But but but and you're gonna kill me.... I hate paying for stuff if I know I can get it cheaper and just as good at Corral. The steak here is like shoe leather sometimes. Our rump steak is awful, always hit and miss as to if it's going to be tender or not and I don't like bashing it to make it tender as it seems to leave it tasteless. We stick to sirlion or fillet here but fillet is so expensive here.

Post Thanks / Like
    The first time I had steak in America I was absolutely stunned.... it was the best steak I'd ever had in my life, you seriously don't know how lucky you are. Pity you can't bring it back to UK cos you have to declare it

Post Thanks / Like
    At least you've had some decent steak! I can't compare the two (GC and RC's) but if you are happy with it, that's what matters.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    we tried a Golden Corral in Brunswick Georgia for the first time when DS was training with the Feds. It was wonderful!! Sooo, I assumed in my ignorance that all chains are created equally, so to our joy on the way home we spotted one in Pennsylvania and eagerly stopped to enjoy our meal. SO NOT!! It was dirty, disgusting, awfulll!! We were horrified. Out we went and headed to another place, Blechh! lesson learned, they all are different but I imagine that the ones near Disney are kept up better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm such a picky eater that I love buffets, as I know I will find something that I can enjoy, even if it's just a salad.

GC has some of the best bourbon chicken. Yes, there was this chinese place that I use to go to in Indiana that had the BEST, but GC is pretty close. I fill up on that as I can never find bourbon chicken.

Post Thanks / Like
    We go earlyish as they are putting the trays out fresh and we love being able to get mash and veges and gravy. I guess it's something you have to try to know whether you like it enough to go back or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    We ate breakfast at two different restaurants last year and were very happy with what we got, much better than Ponderosa. Claire had tea there one day aswell and was happy with her meal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'll give you that, Jodie! Golden Corral beats Ponderosa and Sizzler hands down!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 130813
    Well I'll give you that, Jodie! Golden Corral beats Ponderosa and Sizzler hands down!
    just seems to be very few who dont like it then those 3 places are my idea of food h@ll but there are plenty who enjoy them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast