Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've Been Ill !

Post Thanks / Like
    most of you know that I have had Colitis for sometime, but my stomach issues has gotten worse . I saw doctor on March 23rd and weighed 152 , I went yesterday and I weigh 146 . Yay, weight lo0ss, but not in a good way . My lymphs are high as well as my white cells . I go for all kinds of tests on Wednesday and I'm on a strict bland diet . Upper GI, Small Bowel, and untrasound of my liver and pancreas . I'm really scared of that word pancreas . I have been hospitalized twice for pancreaititis which is something that alcoholics normally get . But I don't drink , socially once in awhile . They never found out why this happened to me .
    He also mentioned Chrons , I guess I'd rather it be that , than the bad C word . The weight loss is what scares me . 6 lbs in a month and a day ?
    I just went to a viewing last night . 59 year old friend found out in February that he had pancreas cancer and we buried him this morning . Now, I'm not saying this is what is wrong with me, but I have to admit it has crossed my mind .
    My doctor wanted me to at least cancel the cruise and I said, No Way ! If its bad news, I may only get to go to WDW .

Post Thanks / Like
    all sorts of things can cause weight loss and worrying about things can make issues with your stomach worse, i had a similar thing come to a head a few years ago and it flares up every now and again but it's nothing sinister- IBS we think - i'm sure you'll be fine Tinker, try not to worry

Post Thanks / Like
    I had IBS brit which turned into Colitis . I know IBS and believe me , I know its not that . This is completely different . My gfriend witnessed it the other night . One minute I'm talking to her the next I went pale as a ghost . I got up in pain and grabbed the garbage can . First I expel all my fluids, like saliva , then my stomach starts spasming and I get sick, sick . Once I get the poison in the other end I know the attack is over . Then I'm shot, I have no energy at all and sleep the entire next day .
    Thanks for your encouragement and I'm trying not to worry . Aftere all, tomorrow is our replay game .

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, don't let your mind run away with you. We are sometimes our own worst enemies. And avoid the net, no searching for symptoms/diseases. Those sites send our anxiety through the roof.

I have Crohns in my family, but I was luckily enough to avoid that but ended up with severe ibs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your attack sounded a lot like my mother's attacks when she was having gall bladder trouble. Not trying to add to your list of possibilities, but just wanted to share my experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not even searching the web . No, No, No, I know better . I'll have myself having everything from cancer tio liver failure . at least I'm still smiling

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry hun was just trying to be reassuring.

Post Thanks / Like
    I mentioned GB too, but its not in that area . My upper stomach is very tender , its like right in the middle, just above my naval .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 127611
    sorry hun was just trying to be reassuring.
    Now, Y , are you apologizing for being a friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh lord honey stay away from google searching! That is my worst enemy. I end thinking I have everything I read about.

to you. Try not to worry so much. I will keep you in my prayers. I wonder if you have diverticulitus? Mom was just diagnosed with that and she's had a time with it.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast