Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keeping kids happy on the plane

Post Thanks / Like
    Other than a load of expensive games what would you do for 5 & 7 year olds to keep them happy for 8 hours. Can you tell we're worried?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do they like to read? If so, new books. New things seem to be the trick. Keeps their attention. (I personally hate those electronic games, long story I'll share some time, but I really applaud you for not defaulting to those horrid things).

Sticker books for the younger one? Do they even make colorforms any more? Those were thin plastic like shapes that could be stuck and removed repeatedly. They came in sets, animals, people, cars, etc. You could use them for any number of things.

Small tape players or inexpensive cd players with books on tape/cd, children's music?

When we fly with Seth we just be sure to have new things with us (crayons, color books, some clay/play doh, that sort of stuff). And snacks.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    colouring, reading, starting a holiday journal, watching the kids movie on the in-flight entertainment. That kept my 6 year old niece pretty much occupied on our flight.

If all else fails - duct tape.

Post Thanks / Like
    From experience of having kids sat behind me on the last few flights, I'm assuming the airport shops now sell bullseye targets for easy affixing to the seats in front with bonuses for kicking the centre. Although I suppose that could just be me being cynical
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    i'll never forget Caitlin at 2 1/2 announcing half way across the atlantic that she wanted to get off now - flipping nightmare and the screens were broken too so no inflight sorry that wasn't very helpful was it can i suggest a gin and tonic followed by a glass of wine followed by a shot of whisky, trust me you won't care. :tongue:

or tell them that to sit still or Mickey mouse might not let them in Disney world?

Post Thanks / Like
    In defence of small children............... :wink:

Those seats are designed in such a way that kids knees don't fold over the edge of the seat like ours but tend to make their legs stick straight out into the seat in front.

Having said that. Continually kicking the seat back is no-no and will result in the aforementioned duct tape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 127928
    i'll never forget Caitlin at 2 1/2 announcing half way across the atlantic that she wanted to get off now - flipping nightmare and the screens were broken too so no inflight sorry that wasn't very helpful was it can i suggest a gin and tonic followed by a glass of wine followed by a shot of whisky, trust me you won't care. :tongue:

or tell them that to sit still or Mickey mouse might not let them in Disney world?
    And you wonder my Caitlin is terrified of you

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 127941
    And you wonder my Caitlin is terrified of you
    yeah but she was also scared of Charlie she's not still scared of me is she

Post Thanks / Like
    Well she cheered when I told her we would be seeing you this year

Back to the original question When mine were younger I took lots of little party bag type presents, stickers, colouring etc and when they started getting restless would whip something new out of the bag - that worked quite well

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 127927
    From experience of having kids sat behind me on the last few flights, I'm assuming the airport shops now sell bullseye targets for easy affixing to the seats in front with bonuses for kicking the centre. Although I suppose that could just be me being cynical
    hahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 127928

wow!! thatmust have been scary for MOM!... what did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 127930
    In defence of small children............... :wink:

Those seats are designed in such a way that kids knees don't fold over the edge of the seat like ours but tend to make their legs stick straight out into the seat in front.

Having said that. Continually kicking the seat back is no-no and will result in the aforementioned duct tape.
    I agree... 100%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast