Thread: Christmas in Florida 2007/8 - Part Two

Post Thanks / Like
    Sunday 23rd December.

Coffee at 07:30 sharp

Following a surprisingly restful night on the giant beds we are up and about and showered by 6AM. After I had made a couple of trips to the car to retrieve different suitcases - the shoe case, the hair equipment case, the teddy bear case - you get the picture. We walked over to Starbucks and enjoyed a coffee sitting outside at 07:30 in the morning. We then made our way to the Golden Corral where a hearty breakfast was consumed. Back to the room pack up and head off to Wal Mart. For some members of the party reaching Wal Mart confirms that we are indeed - 'Home' We trudge the endless miles of aisles to collect a couple of essentials and some last minute Christmas shopping. We decided that there was little point spending our first night in a Disney resort as we would be too tired to appreciate much. Hence the first night stop at Best Western. Now we are moving on site for a couple of days. We decide to check in at Coronado Springs - what a beautiful resort! It really does not seem that busy either. There is a queue of about 5 people at check in. We are allocated room 2257 in the Casitas.

After a little unpacking we set out to have a look around. We decide to dine at the Pepper Market. Diane and I both have the beef fajita. After eating we pop back to the room for the kids to get changed for the pool. We head over to the pool and the kids set about getting wet. After a short time they decide they want to go on the slide. A lifeguard intervenes to point out that Georgina is too little to use the slide unless an adult is present in the pool. I jump in the pool in my clothes - thereby complying with the safety requirements.

I am rewarded with a frozen Siesta Margarita. Wet clothes are not such an issue after a Margarita I find. After swimming we head back to El Centro to grab some food - Georgina has some Fruit Loops and Lucy had an ice cream. Seems like a strange tea - but hey, it's a holiday. A wonderful Disney chap is giving away iced gingerbread and apple cider - very festive!

Back to the room and we all crashed. Awoke in the night and Diane said she was feeling really ill. Sickness. After another couple of hours I felt much the same.

Monday 24th December.

Diane and I both are really ill. Trying to drink little bits of water. Kids are brilliant! So well behaved. In the end we struggle out to Super Target. Get some more last minute Christmas things. Head back to CSR. The kids want to swim again so we head out to the pool. This time we borrow a life vest from the marina which allows Georgina to use the slide. Georgina and Lucy have fun in the pool. Diane and I sit out of the sun and look green. Get some chicken fingers for the kids for tea. Diane and I manage a couple of chips each. Stop off at El Centro on the way back and there is Santa! Get some pictures and head back to the room.

I crash out and Diane watches Muppet Christmas Carol with the girls. The girls make short work of a packet of Mickey pretzels. Santa manages to find us and the kids are up at about 4AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you.....I loved reading your report I've wanted to try the Pepper Market in the past but just never got around to going. What's the food like?
    I soooooo hope everyone is fit and well for tomorrow...Christmas Day!

Post Thanks / Like
    We enjoyed the Pepper Market - although we think maybe the fajita poisened us both - it was the only thing we both ate - who knows.

I've found in general though the Disney dining experience is not what it once was - roughly since they introduced the dining plan thingy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know how wonderful a Da you are? Your girls are never going to forget that their Da, on Christmas holiday, once leapt into the pool fully clothed, just so Georgina could use the slide. You are amazing.

What an awful time to be ill. Does indeed sound like you both got into something icky food wise. I sure hope it passed quickly.

The girls are just too cute in their sunglasses and sandals!!! Froot loops and ice cream. Doesn't get any more holiday than that!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    You know - it could have so easily gone the other way - if I had remembered my Speedos ......

Post Thanks / Like
    As IF!!!!

I love your wit, Ieuan. It's SO good to have you here!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle