Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about...

Post Thanks / Like
    Biergarten Restuarant.

I am taking a one day trip to WDW and we will be going to EPCOT. I had wanted to go to Ohana but the whole evening is already booked up. So my choice is Kona (which I've been to before and think is nice enough) or Biergarten. I'm NOT into German food. Frankly when I see the pics of this restuarant I'm not really impressed. But it looks like a good time and we'll be able to stay in EPCOT to save time in the park.

Anyone have any opinions for me?
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely enjoyed Biergarten even though I'm a picky eater. The environment was great, especially the entertainment. However, I don't like eating with others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rosie, if I may ask what is it about German Food that disinterests you? There are lots of items on their buffet and it is good entertainment.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I went with Beccaberry and her beau ( just love that word) in March. She has completed some reviews of it on here.

We had a great time! The food was good and I'm not a huge fan of sausages but I had plenty to eat and left with a full belly. If you and your Dh like beer, then this is the place to go!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 128679
    I definitely enjoyed Biergarten even though I'm a picky eater. The environment was great, especially the entertainment. However, I don't like eating with others.
    I don't think we'd mind the eating with others part. We're up for just having fun! Whish is why I thought the music part with dinner might be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 128700
    Rosie, if I may ask what is it about German Food that disinterests you? There are lots of items on their buffet and it is good entertainment.
    It's the pictures of all those cold sausages laying around that just really turns me off! I just don't think I could get my moneys worth from just eating the desserts (although I'd give it a try!)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 128702
    I went with Beccaberry and her beau ( just love that word) in March. She has completed some reviews of it on here.

We had a great time! The food was good and I'm not a huge fan of sausages but I had plenty to eat and left with a full belly. If you and your Dh like beer, then this is the place to go!!
    I'll have to check out the review. Thanks Johnie. And I'm not going with DH this trip, it's a GIRLY trip!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    I went in October with a friend and her DH . I wasn't sure what to expect . My MIL is from Germany and I like the way she cooks, but was still unsure , but I was pleasantly surprised . Its a buffet with everything from salad to beef to mac n cheese . The entertainment was great . We had an excellent time . So, much that our first ADR on our arrival day is Biergarten . And I'm a picky eater and have to be safe . I had no probs .

Post Thanks / Like
    Kona has fallen sharply downhill, so if those are your only two choices go with the Biergarten.

There is a pretty good selection of things to eat other than sausages (but they are quite nice, and not cold at all). There is usually some sort of schnitzel. The chicken one is particularly nice. There is sauerbraten too.

The desserts are not as dramatic as other Disney buffets, but they have one fruit filled pastry (think cookie/pie crust type pastry, not puff pastry) that I REEEEEEAlly like. :D :D

I'm not a huge fan of the food, but honestly it's decent enough, the entertainment is fun, and oh yeah the beer is GREAT!!!

Is there a reason you don't want to eat in any other place in the WS?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie0610
    It's the pictures of all those cold sausages laying around that just really turns me off! I just don't think I could get my moneys worth from just eating the desserts (although I'd give it a try!)
    In my recollection MOST of the food is hot, not cold. The Germans do make some excellent cold cuts however.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 128769
    Kona has fallen sharply downhill, so if those are your only two choices go with the Biergarten.

There is a pretty good selection of things to eat other than sausages (but they are quite nice, and not cold at all). There is usually some sort of schnitzel. The chicken one is particularly nice. There is sauerbraten too.

The desserts are not as dramatic as other Disney buffets, but they have one fruit filled pastry (think cookie/pie crust type pastry, not puff pastry) that I REEEEEEAlly like. :D :D

I'm not a huge fan of the food, but honestly it's decent enough, the entertainment is fun, and oh yeah the beer is GREAT!!!

Is there a reason you don't want to eat in any other place in the WS?

We've never tried it because I'm allergic to pork, wierd huh!!! Is there anything that I could eat beside dessert

Post Thanks / Like
    There were lots of salads and potato dishes as well.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast