Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: some serious prayers and pixie dust needed please

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry..

Sending a truck load of pixie dust their way...

The prayer has been said....

Post Thanks / Like
    Healing and peaceful thoughts to her and her family.

...and to you sweet friend

Post Thanks / Like
    you haven't broken a trust.

I will keep this family in my prayers

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you everyone.

dartyd, i think they've retreated to deal with it - not because they're ashamed, but it's i think they just want to get it together in their heads in their own way and their own time. At this early stage i can't imagine anything worse than lots of people around you being upset too, if you know what I mean. The time for that will come when they're emotionally stronger i guess.

Her parents are naturally devastated as her her in laws, but both sets of grandparents are helping take care of the boys who are 9 and 3. Dad is taking the eldest to school as normal and they are probably just trying to get through each day.

thank you again for good wishes, survival rate is better than it used to be so i'm trying to keep my thoughts positive.

Cancer is such a devasting illness, i have lost very, very dear family members to various forms of it - it's heartbreaking to have to stand by and see it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a very dear friend, Mairead (we are namesakes...) who went through much of what your friend is. Double mastectomy, chemo, radiation... and she is still going strong. It's not been easy by any means, but she's survived now for several years (although we'll all feel better once she passes the five year mark, hey)?

It's more than survival too. She's actually living her life, and that is the key, isn't it?

I'd retreat too. It's not so much a hiding as a pulling back into yourself, and within the small core of family that you will need to lean on for many months to come.

You are a good friend, and trust me-even sending little "thinking of you cards," or in your case personal cards that you've created will matter a great deal. It is something that is not intrusive, but shows her and her family that there are others "out there" who care enough to take the time to show it. Plus, it allows her (and them) to control the interaction, if you know what I mean?

Once upon a time :) I had a neighbor who brought me a single rose that she grew in her gardens, every day for an entire summer. She'd not stay to visit, just bring the rose to the door. It got me through an incredibly difficult time, as your cards may very well do for your friend.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    That's lovely Tink, thank you - very special wishes for your friend too that she continues to stay well

Post Thanks / Like
    for your friend Mairead and a for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Healing thoughts from here as well Mairead

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Sincerely, thank you all so very much for your caring and healing wishes for my friend....i don't know what to say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending you a big hug. Hope everythng works out for your friend and I will be thinking of her and her family

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast