Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: some serious prayers and pixie dust needed please

Post Thanks / Like
    So sad, sending lots of positive thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear about your friend, Mairead. Good thoughts, prayers and pixie dust are winging their way to her and her family!

My cousin DC's wife was diagnosed with it and had to have a double mastectomy, chemo and radiation. I was thinking it was about ten years ago, but suddenly realized it really was about 14 years ago. She is doing very well--healthier than before her diagnosis. She said the one thing she enjoys about the entire experience is that she now has soft, curly red hair. It used to be red, very coarse and wiry!

for a similar or better experience for your friend!

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending lots of love to your friend & her family.

I fully understand how she is feeling as I had it 4 years ago, aged 35 it was the last thing I ever expected. I was one of the lucky ones I only needed 5 weeks of radiotherapy. Although I have major problems from the treatment & I am all but disabled from it I still think myself lucky. I will be 5 years clear in April next year but does that mean we stop worrying about every lump we feel? I don't know but I would not think so. I chose to tell people as where I stay everyone knows everyone.s buisness but I can fully understand why they want to keep it hush hush. You have done nothing wrong so don't feel as if you have betrayed your friend, I would feel honoured that she has chose to tell you as she knows you will be there for them & help them when they need it, even if it's just to lend an ear as she will tell you how she is really feeling rather than worry her Dh & family it's amazing what we learn to hide from them just to keep them from the hurt

Post Thanks / Like
    oh gosh Jeanette, hugs and wishes for you that you continue to be well from it

thank you for your words, to hear from someone who has had it and is now clear is wonderful so again, thank you for telling me.

Post Thanks / Like
    again, thank you all for your well wishes and your positive stories.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mairead , just got back from Pennsylvania, I know exactly how you feel, our son was diagnosed last year with cancer, he was only 28. Sometimes you just have to get your own head together before you can talk to any one.. I know they will appreciate your kind thoughts and actions, It is very hard to come to terms with in someone so young. My prayers are with you. Trish

Post Thanks / Like
    Mairead, there is not much I can say except my thoughts and wishes are with your friend and her family. They really are. Life is so precious isn't it? I know that sounds obvious, but its just that sometimes we forget

Thanks so much to those who have shared their experiences in this thread too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 130346
    Mairead , just got back from Pennsylvania, I know exactly how you feel, our son was diagnosed last year with cancer, he was only 28. Sometimes you just have to get your own head together before you can talk to any one.. I know they will appreciate your kind thoughts and actions, It is very hard to come to terms with in someone so young. My prayers are with you. Trish
    oh good grief Trish, I'm so sorry - i really don't know what to say sweetheart

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 130355
    Mairead, there is not much I can say except my thoughts and wishes are with your friend and her family. They really are. Life is so precious isn't it? I know that sounds obvious, but its just that sometimes we forget

Thanks so much to those who have shared their experiences in this thread too

We do forget Deb, we really do. Your last sentence were the words i was looking for and couldn't find.

i sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart, and will keep you all in my thoughts.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast