Thread: new camera

Post Thanks / Like
    After seeing all the great photos it really makes me think I need a new one

Is everyone using one of those big cameras because they look really heavy and Im not sure Id understand how to use them anyway, are they as hard as they look?

Can I get a smaller camera that would do the same thing?

Post Thanks / Like
    dont know enough to help but I have a nikon coolpix s210 which is tiny and works great

All the photos around here are wonderful though not sure if you need bigger and better gear to get that kind of thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydiva, post: 3140
    After seeing all the great photos it really makes me think I need a new one

Is everyone using one of those big cameras because they look really heavy and Im not sure Id understand how to use them anyway, are they as hard as they look?

Can I get a smaller camera that would do the same thing?
    ok huge topic and I have a "How to buy a camera" post somewhere which I'll dig out later :)

Basically the big cameras, the Single Lens Reflex (SLRs or Digital SLRs) will tend to have a larger sensor to record the image which means the potential for better quality images. They can also take different lenses so you can have the best for any occasion

HOWEVER, they are large and somewhat heavier than the compacts.

Soooo without being boringly long winded it comes down to this (in my opinion). If you want to get great Disney snaps or snaps when out and about, any of the recentish small or even supersmall cameras will do you just fine. They're fully automatic and will free you up to concentrate on composing a really nice photo. You can still be creative by taking shots from different/unusual angles, getting closer to the subject and so on.

If you get a bit more into photography, then a DSLR will allow you to be much more creative like you've seen in this group :)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 3801
    ok huge topic and I have a "How to buy a camera" post somewhere which I'll dig out later :)

Basically the big cameras, the Single Lens Reflex (SLRs or Digital SLRs) will tend to have a larger sensor to record the image which means the potential for better quality images. They can also take different lenses so you can have the best for any occasion

HOWEVER, they are large and somewhat heavier than the compacts.

Soooo without being boringly long winded it comes down to this (in my opinion). If you want to get great Disney snaps or snaps when out and about, any of the recentish small or even supersmall cameras will do you just fine. They're fully automatic and will free you up to concentrate on composing a really nice photo. You can still be creative by taking shots from different/unusual angles, getting closer to the subject and so on.

If you get a bit more into photography, then a DSLR will allow you to be much more creative like you've seen in this group :)

Wife is over there soon Keith...what size anorack should she get you ? Cos i told her to get one for that camera nerd Mick:tongue0011-1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm, post: 3809
    Wife is over there soon Keith...what size anorack should she get you ? Cos i told her to get one for that camera nerd Mick:tongue0011-1:
    :rofl: it's so so true, I utterly am
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com