Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DH is on a bank holiday day out to Brighton

Post Thanks / Like
    and what a lovely day he's had.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/8032579.stm

luckily that wasn't his van, i checked! he's still not home yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly is going on in Brighton today? Even the navy have a vessel just off the pier watching.

Post Thanks / Like
    this group

*apparently* their aim is to protest against arms, war, etc.....their protests are quite a regular occurence, the bigger protest always end up in a fight. As my DS14 summed it up earlier...."i thought they were against war"

In my opinion, there will be members of the goup who are there to truly protest and stand up for their beliefs. Fa play to them, i believe in standing up for what you think is right or wrong. But as with all demos and protests there are those who are there purely for the confrontation.

Hre's a link to the local newspaper, their a various links there which are interesting to read.

Post Thanks / Like
    do you know what makes me really angry though, all those people, some with children, who will have gone to Brighton for a bank Holiday day out only to be confronted by masked protesters rampaging through the streets....

Post Thanks / Like
    here's a live blog

Post Thanks / Like
    saw it on the news it looked nasty things just get so heated these days :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 130197
    this group

*apparently* their aim is to protest against arms, war, etc.....their protests are quite a regular occurence, the bigger protest always end up in a fight. As my DS14 summed it up earlier...."i thought they were against war"

In my opinion, there will be members of the goup who are there to truly protest and stand up for their beliefs. Fa play to them, i believe in standing up for what you think is right or wrong. But as with all demos and protests there are those who are there purely for the confrontation.

Hre's a link to the local newspaper, their a various links there which are interesting to read.
    You can't spell very well

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 130199
    do you know what makes me really angry though, all those people, some with children, who will have gone to Brighton for a bank Holiday day out only to be confronted by masked protesters rampaging through the streets....
    when football holiganism was in its hay day and i was a child we went to the seaside when there local team was playing and i remember my dad pushing me into a doorway and being terrified as the events were going on around me and its never left me the vivid memories of police on horses trying to contain the trouble

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukjay, post: 130256
    You can't spell very well
    yes, thank you son

Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 130264
    when football holiganism was in its hay day and i was a child we went to the seaside when there local team was playing and i remember my dad pushing me into a doorway and being terrified as the events were going on around me and its never left me the vivid memories of police on horses trying to contain the trouble
    the horses terrified me on a protest i went to as an adult, as a child it must be so much worse......

Post Thanks / Like
    still not home yet, i'm getting too tired to wait up so i'll be going to bed soon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast