Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to have surgery

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I went to the othapedic doctor yesterday because of the problems with my right knee. I was expecting to go home with some pills and possibly exercises to do.

No, I have to have surgery. I need a menisectomy chondroplasty and a possible lateral release. Lucky me Apparently I have torn my miniscus in my right knee and of course my cartilage is shot.

Krista (luvthemouse) tells me I will feel right as rain when this is all over. I hope so.

Luckily, I have short term disability at work however I have to use leave time for the first 7 days. Yeah, I have none of that so hopefully my fellow state employees will be kind enough to donate some leave to me.

UPDATE. I've cancelled the surgery. I'll either have to have it in late fall or early next year. I can't afford to not be paid for at least 7 days.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh honey!!

When?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know yet. I can't call the scheduling coordinator till after 11am.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Johnie, sorry to hear about that. I think it is true that you will be in a lot less pain, and do well to get rid of chronic knee pain. I know you will pull through like a trouper.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh dear :(

Post Thanks / Like
    My dad just had his second knee done. He's currently getting therapy on it as part of the healing process. Trust me, his first knee is loads better and the second is healing well.

It may not sound like something you want done, but I think once you have healed you will be so happy to have had it done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to stop by and wish you luck with your surgery. Hope your knee is feeling better soon

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it's not a very nice thing to go through but, like others have said, once you've had the surgery you'll feel the benefits.
    On the other hand, if it was me, I'm a big softy and I would be a bag of nerves!

Post Thanks / Like
    What a pain--literally! But having the surgery will benefit you long term. My cousin JC has almost no cartilage in her knees, but won't have surgery until she qualifies for Medicare--she's uninsured at this point. It has become progressively worse over the past 30 years. Her DH took a buy-out from a GM affiliate about 10 years ago, so they lost her medical insurance and her part-time work as a church secretary and volunteer kindergarten teacher doesn't cover her. She goes upstairs twice a year to clean, but otherwise never sees the upper floors in her house.

Point of this tale: Do what is necessary now to make your life much better in the future! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Just think of the benefits of it!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast