Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: disneyland paris vrs disney world

Post Thanks / Like
    just been doing a bit of wishful playing around with holiday bookings and 4 nights in disneyland paris is more expensive than a week in florida staying onsite the disneyland paris didnt even include transport there!!!!! its just so expensive to go to paris.
    not that we can afford to go with buying the house but i was dreaming

Post Thanks / Like
    It's what always stops us going.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    i would like to go to see the difference and sample it ina french way but when i could go to florida and have lovely sun think disney world wins

Post Thanks / Like
    i know i'm probably in the minority but i don't rate DLP and wouldn't chose to go again certainly not in holiday times.

Post Thanks / Like
    what didnt you like brit?
    have never been to france at all :)

Post Thanks / Like
    You do have to go with a different attitude.

It is a very pretty park though

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    oh i like France and have been many times: what didn't i like

the lack of orderly queuing, very rude people, cigarette smoke in my face all the time, the park didn't seem to be able to cope with the volume of people- it wasn't that crowded we were there at rope drop rode btm and when we got off to do it again there was a 40 min wait and fastpasses were for 1pm. The meal we had in the blue lagoon was awful- such a shame. People pushing me out of the way when i'd waited a long time to see the parade.

what i did like- the halloween menu at the restaurant near the haunted mansion - they did butternut soup in a cauldron with dry ice- it was really cool.

big thunder mountain- was better than at MK

the castle is pretty- but i prefer cinderellas castle

halloween parade and decorations around the park- was really cool

you will find people that do like it though- just my opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your honesty :)

Post Thanks / Like
    You can do it for cheap but have to travel by car and ferry and stay in a local motel rather than hotel.

I would never rule out a another visit, i've been seven times, but each time I have liked it less and less primarily because of the reasons mention by Britchick and also unfortunately the locals seem to think it is thier park and they have priority over queing for rides/shows/food/shopping.

The last two visit's I have had full blown arguments with locals regarding queue pushing, I could have relaxed and let then past but I paid to be there aswell and why should I?

It is somewhere you have to make up your own mind about, after all I did visit seven times before giving up for at least a few years but if you don't want to go down the cheapy route then save for another six months and go to Orlando!

If you do go wipe WDW from your mind and don't compare, hard I know but don't, DLP cannot win so you're been unfair to DLP to make direct comparison

Post Thanks / Like
    problem is once you have been to disney it spoils you for anywhere else (park wise that is)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast