Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help. What should we do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 131166
    WOW! How lucky is your Son! That is a fabulous oppurtunity.

If I was in your sons position I would definatley want to go to Florida and wouldn't want everyone to go without me. I wouldn't say it but I'd want you to change the dates, however, I'd probably feel too cheeky and awkward to tell my Mum that <G>I would change the dates
    Lol Liam will be the same, I know deep down he would be gutted if we were to go without him, but he would never tell us that.

I've been looking at alternative dates all afternoon but can't decide.

I would have loved to have changed it to this October but My husband will be working in Australia from July to September but possibly with an extension to October so can't make plans just in case he's still in Oz lol

So I'm thinking July 2010 or Christmas 2010. We would lose free dining but that was a bonus anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like
    well done liam

i would change dates whats a few weeks later gonna harm :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the first question to ask is how long will Liam's program in Tanzania last? Most exchange student programs here in the US anyway are the entire school year.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by *Bambi-Belle*, post: 131172
    Lol Liam will be the same, I know deep down he would be gutted if we were to go without him, but he would never tell us that.

I've been looking at alternative dates all afternoon but can't decide.

I would have loved to have changed it to this October but My husband will be working in Australia from July to September but possibly with an extension to October so can't make plans just in case he's still in Oz lol

So I'm thinking July 2010 or Christmas 2010. We would lose free dining but that was a bonus anyhow.

Congratulations, Liam!

Realistically, unless the economy makes a dramatic turn-around, free dining probably will be available next year. Can you adjust your dates forward or back by a week or two to still be in that arena--and school holidays--in case it's offered?

What ever you do, you'll have a wonderful family holiday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done Liam!!

Oooh and it has to be Christmas at Disney. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a four week experience, he goes to live with a family and goes to school there for two weeks, he will also go on safari and to mount Kilimanjaro which he will be ecstatic about. Liam loves geography so this will be a dream come true for him. I suspect his Geography teacher may have had something to do with him being offered this place. She always calls him her third son lol as she thinks he's like her two boys. After his trip a pupil from Tanzania will come and live with us and go to school with Liam for two weeks. I must say I very excited about that part lol It's going to be fab.

I need to take my holidays during school holidays too so term time isn't an option. The next October might be a plan but it seems sooooo far away.

I must say I wish I knew what he had put on his application. I never looked at it as there was an age limit and knew he wouldn't have been picked, but he wanted to show he was interested and be involved in the events leading up to the exchange so they would consider him in the future I just left him to it lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again everyone xxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by *Bambi-Belle*, post: 131211
    I need to take my holidays during school holidays too so term time isn't an option. The next October might be a plan but it seems sooooo far away.
    i had to wait 4 yrs from one trip to another laura and i know PA 's was 10 yrs so if it has to be another year it will soon go. why not go at chrimbo, ive wanted to go then for ages :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!

I think you should just talk to him, and go with your heart

HE will probably wont mind if you go without him, since he is really looking forward to Tanzania... but if you wont feel comfortable and feel you wont have as much fun without him there, you can always move your trip 2 weeks or a month.... you have enough time (I think) to move things around if you wish to do so

Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas time I'm told is beautiful there!! What a special Christmas present for Liam it would be! Congratulations, what an honor! ( how long is the flight from UK to Africa?) can he fly to Orlando instead and meet you there?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12