Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help. What should we do?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a problem!!!!!!!!and don't know what to do!!!!!!!!Help!!!!!!!

My oldest son Liam who will be 14 in June applied for a student exchange program to Tanzania October 2009. We knew he wouldn't get it due to him being so young, but I just received a letter through the post saying that the school and head teacher were very impressed with the depth and maturity of his application, but due to insurance reasons he couldn't go this year but have given him an automatic place October 2010. This is a huge honor as only two students are chosen every year and they are normally from the senior classes.

So here is the problem, we are booked for Florida the very same weeks the exchange is.

Do we cancel/move our holiday or go without him.

My Mum and hubby both think we should go without him but It seems all wrong to me. I can't imagine being In Florida without Liam or being out of the country when he is in Africa.

I don't know what we should do.

I'm so chuffed for him though. He wanted this soooooo much

Post Thanks / Like
    see what he would like to do

on the one hand hes going on holiday so to speak but could you honestly go without him, if not change your dates. hard one hun
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely change the dates.

Well that's what i would do.I couldn't imagine going without either of my two and i'd much rather be at home while he was away.
    Changing dates shouldn't be a problem this far in advance so fingers crossed.

And well done Liam.What an achievement!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you, Mama. I'd certainly be thrilled that he was chosen, and support him to the ends of the earth on this adventure, but I'd not want to be in Florida while he was away.

I simply wouldn't be comfortable, and therefore wouldn't be able to enjoy my holiday.

I'd change my dates so that he could come on the WDW holiday, but mostly because I'd want to stick close to home and be accessible if he needed me for anything at all while he was in Africa.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I think it's always a good idea to trust your Mum instincts.

Post Thanks / Like
    And for what it's worth Bambi, my advice would be exactly the same as DB and Tink's

Whata brilliant achievement for Liam!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep that's what makes us so special.

Hope you get it sorted hun.X

Post Thanks / Like
    ALLLLLLLLways.

And congratulations to the young Liam!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep what they say... I'd have to be home just in case. WDW will still be there.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! How lucky is your Son! That is a fabulous oppurtunity.

If I was in your sons position I would definatley want to go to Florida and wouldn't want everyone to go without me. I wouldn't say it but I'd want you to change the dates, however, I'd probably feel too cheeky and awkward to tell my Mum that <G> I would change the dates
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast